Chapter Twenty Three

"Do good
and good will come to you
"
Unknown

[Note: Flashbacks and internal thoughts are in italics]
[Extra Note: Bri will not be in this chapter much after the 1000 word mark, but she will be in it via mentions, and hopefully this will show the effect she has on everyone, and the plot. Hopefully...]

Bri's alarm rings shrilly through her room, immediately waking her.

The banshee groans, still slightly jet lagged as she recalls the excitement of the previous day.

✯✯✯

The Salvatores drive the doppelgänger and banshee at the Lockwood mansion, so that they can retrieve their cars.

Elena drives off alone, while Damon drives Bri home; he had noticed her exhaustion and refused to let her drive herself home.

The trip to the banshees house is silent, as the dirty blonde leans against her window and promptly dozes off.

Damon steals glances at the blonde, finding the way the moon illuminates her enchanting.
In this moment, the vampire can't help but notice the way the moonlight seems to play with her hair, and caress her skin.

When the car finally rolls to a stop outside of Bri's house, Damon turns towards her and, in a hushed voice, confesses, "I need to say it out loud, even though you won't hear it. I love you, Bri. It's because I love you that I can't be selfish with you. You bring out the good in me I didn't know I had, but it's not enough."

"I'll never be good enough for you," Damon sighs, "but that doesn't mean I'll stop trying."

The banshee has been half asleep the entire journey, and hears the vampire's hushed confession, although is too tired to process it.

Damon speeds out and around the car, picking Bri up and waking her up properly.

"We're here," he says softly, moving to get her luggage as well, as she fishes around for her keys.
As soon as the door is open, the vampire speeds both Bri and her luggage up the stairs, giving her a goodnight kiss on her forehead, and then speeding away; leaving Bri with slightly pink cheeks as she collapses on her bed.

✯✯✯

Bri quickly gets ready, dressing in a white t-shirt, black dress pants, and a black blazer. The blonde brushes her hair, leaving it down, before throwing on a pair of black ankle boots.

 The blonde brushes her hair, leaving it down, before throwing on a pair of black ankle boots

As she finishes getting ready and packing for work, Bri gets a phone call from Damon.

"Hey Damon," Bri greets, Damon immediately responding with, "We have guests."
"I'll be there in a few minutes, but I can't stay long," Bri states, already moving towards the door.