Chapter Twenty Six

"Patience
is when you're supposed to be mad
but you choose to understand."
Unknown

Fifth period rolls around, and Bri sends a brief text to everyone.

Busy for the next hour.
Need anything, communicate with each other.
And please, don't do anything too stupid; I will know.

Rose reads the message to Trevor, who shakes his head in amusement in the driver's seat of their SUV. The two vampires in the front don't miss the slightly apprehensive and sheepish expression of the brunette in the backseat as she eyes her phone.

Damon and Katherine read the message from opposite sides of the living room, both unable to stop the corners of their lips quirking up. When they notice their matching expressions, each reacts in a different way; Katherine scowls at the raven haired vampire, while he simply raises a brow and smirks back.

Stefan walks away from Bonnie and Jeremy, having got them up to speed with the plan, and, after checking the message, turns back to the witch and human, who are already looking at him with amused smiles. The vampire shares their smile before setting off to find Caroline.

Caroline suddenly slows behind Tyler, catching the newly triggered werewolf's attention.
"Caroline," he calls back to her. Noticing her slight smile and the roll of her eyes, he asks, "What's slowing you down?"
"I was just reading a message from Bri," Caroline's response comes easily, and Tyler nods his head, mention of the kind teacher an ordinary occurrence.
The werewolf and vampire immediately continuing their walk to the Lockwood cellar as if nothing had happened.

✯✯✯

"Alright Skylar," Bri starts, standing next to her desk as she motions towards the chairs available, "You can sit anywhere, and if you want to, you can tell me where to sit as well."

The strawberry blonde's eyes widen as she takes the details of the room in properly.

A bookshelf stands against the wall by the door, books grouped together and labelled with various emotions, disorders, and situations. The counsellor's desk is nearly bare, a laptop, notepad, and a pen holder full with pens and pencils. The desk has two small shelves the teen notices behind the blonde teacher. The shelves have two boxes of tissues, a jar of candy, a small selection of mugs, various labelled containers, and, peculiarly, a kettle.

Skylar finally turns towards the wooden yin and yang coffee table surrounded by four identical light grey armchairs, the only difference between them being the unique cushion sitting atop each one.

The beige carpet floor gives the room a warm feeling, the pale blue walls calming, and the various posters lining the walls inspiring and informative.

"Would you like a cup of coffee?" Bri offers after a moment, "Tea? Hot chocolate?"
The strawberry blonde chooses the last option, and takes the seat closest to the door.