Chapter Nineteen

"She conquered her demons
and wore her scars like wings
"
Atticus

"And yet, here I am," Bri repeats what Nattmara had said while she was dead, "Not a princess, but a prophecy."

"Wait," Elena says as Bri starts cleaning up, "What are you doing? What does that mean?"
"In case you've forgotten Elena," Bri responds, continuing to pack things away, "Stefan and Caroline are in Mystic Falls with a werewolf- whose bite could be fatal."

Bri turns to Vanessa, asking, "Do you mind if I take these with me?"
Vanessa nods her head, "These were all Isobels research, so as long as it's okay with Ric."

Both women turn to look at Ric, and the vampire hunting teacher nods, shrugging, "I don't think anyone else will be needing them."

"Thanks," Bri responds, piling them in her arms and striding through the door. The other three share a look before getting the message and following after the banshee.

When they make it outside, they notice the setting sun before Bri's slightly panicked expression.

Damon rushes towards Bri, grabbing the banshees shoulder softly before asking, "What is it?"
"They need help," Bri responds simply, "and I can get there quicker than the car."
"So can I," Damon counters, "I'll come with you."

"Absolutely not," Bri denies immediately, "The bite is fatal to vampires, which is what you happen to be."

Damon gives the dirty blonde a pointed look, resulting in her rolling her eyes and giving him the books she'd been carrying.

"We'll all be okay," Bri says, sending everyone a quick glance before waving at Vanessa, "It was nice to meet you."

Before she can get very far, Damon grabs her hand, forcing her to look up at him. The worry changes his eyes from ice to ocean, the rare feeling causing a ripple of worry to turn into waves of emotion. 

"Be careful," Damon almost pleads.
"Of course," Bri responds simply, before standing on her toes and giving the raven haired vampire a chaste kiss on the cheek.

Alaric, Elena, and Vanessa watch in a mixture of shock and awe as the banshee uses the scarlet energy to propel her into the air and out of their sight.

The three humans watch as the vampire stares at where the dirty blonde had stood moments before, Vanessa growing the courage to whisper to Alaric, "They're a cute couple

The three humans watch as the vampire stares at where the dirty blonde had stood moments before, Vanessa growing the courage to whisper to Alaric, "They're a cute couple."

Damon, hearing this, smirks, while Elena starts ranting about how the vampire and banshee aren't actually a couple, but even she sees where the grad student comes from.

"Alright," Alaric calls out, "let's get this show on the road."

✯✯✯

The sun had disappeared before Bri's boots hit the ground, and the banshee immediately let the voices guide her the rest of the way to Stefan and Caroline.