Chapter 3: What's Underneath Us?

Jin's pov

Looking around the station, I exhaled loudly to see if I could get anyone's attention since I'm a whore for that shit.

Though the place was completely dead after yesterday's fucking shenanigans so when no one looked at me. I found myself strolling into my Captains office, with my shoulders slumped forward. I told him that I was leaving early and before he could speak I bolted out of the building in order to head back home and change into a swimsuit.

Following leaving my room, I stood in front of my custom surfboard. Staring at how it leans against my shelves of trophies.

Some were from doing my duty as a cop while the others were proof that I was King of the Sea, back when I at least did surfing competitions.

Taking the board into my arms, I walked out with everything I needed, giving my neighbor a small wave as he washes his wife's car as I do so.

Thereon, I stuffed my bag inside the trunk of my car and started driving. The music blasted while I headed to the beach.

It took a full 20 minutes to get from point A to point B, however, when I was at the coastal shore. I stood frozen when I got out of my jeep, just allowing the nice ocean breeze to hit my face for a good couple of seconds.

When I snapped out of my thoughts, I noticed that there weren't a lot of people on the beach, probably because it was Thursday but I'm sure other people will come later on in the day.

Going around back, I grabbed my blue, pink, and yellow surfboard before walking to the hot sand with a towel, and a water bottle in hand.

The people who were here were pretty spread out but one couple recognized me from my past career! I was so happy, though they just wanted a photo which I, of course, gave them with the biggest smile I could muster.

I might have put that part of me behind but I will always make room to see and talk to my lovely fans.

When we parted, I joyfully jogged into the salty water, catching a glimpse of two other surfers waiting for something to happen. Both were teen-looking dudes, therefore once I was somewhat near them I sat back on my board and kept my eye out for any waves.

As I was turning my head I spotted something starting to form. Minding my own business, we all started to swim towards the wave nearly its peak.

I let out a big smile when I got lifted by the water, making it easier for me to jump up on my board. Moving my body to lead the board the way I want it to up and down the wave, simply doing some tricks here and there.

Surfing has always been one of the ways for me to release any sort of frustration or anger I had on the force or anything else in my life. It's not like I'm mad now, it's just I want more... so when the wave started to die out, I dove into the water.

Giving it a second to consume me, before swimming to the surface after my anxiety kicked in. I rushed to get on my board, pulling my feet up, and exhaled loudly when I noticed that everything I thought was just my imagination playing tricks on me.

"Dude that was sick." I nearly jumped out of my skin when something touched me and I turned around to smile a bit in appreciation.

"Thanks, I saw you two.. too," I chuckled and looked back at the water below me, "you're both pretty good," I said and then felt another tap on my shoulder.

"Aren't you SeokJin?" I nodded. "Whoa awesome, I'm Jungkook, and this is my husband Taehyung." My eyes widened at the certain h-word and shook both their hands when they were offered.

"You two seem pretty young to be married."

"We got married after college per se. When it's right it's right, and he was the only one for me." The Taehyung guy spoke and I rose a brow, impressed.