Chapter 25: Our Different Priorities

Namjoon's pov

Finishing locking up Jackson, I swam around the castle to find my family sitting and playing Atlantean Uno.

"Ah, Joonie you're okay!" Jimin smiles waving at me before putting his card down.

"Did you guys not see what the hell just happened?" I asked with wide eyes.

"We did, we calmed down after Jin did that thing." My dad says smoothly and turned to me. "How did he do that?" I shrugged.

"No fucking clue. Uncle Yongguk showed him and if he did say anything I was too immersed in his face."

"Welcome to my world," Yoongi mumbled leaning to the side to kiss my brother's cheek.

'Dis-gust-ing.'

"Well, when he does come back, bring Jin to the library. I want to talk with him."

"When is Jinnie coming back?"

"Mom," I sighed, "he went to talk to the sirens, they're way more scared of him than me and you all can go, Jackson, is in our custody." With that being said, they disbanded quickly, shoving me out of the way as they do so. "Wow." I rubbed my face and went to the front door to wait for my boyfriend to come back which didn't take too long since he scared me by tapping my shoulder.

I did scream, I do admit that and Jin laughed his ass off as I pouted but it was worth it when he kissed me.

I'm in love.

"How are the sirens?" I whispered pressing my forehead against his.

"Good, I told them a few things, mostly threats and stuff but they agreed to help clean up Atlantis. For the people who just wanted to be rude like Jackson.. let's just say I put them in their place!" He grins.

"I love you."

"I love you too guppie, but what do you want to do now?"

"Jin, I have to work but my parents want to see you in the library. Don't worry, they won't kill you, and when you're done just come find my office!" Jin went limp, of course, though when I started pushing him, he tried to get out of my grasp.

"Guppie, I don't want to go." He rushed and I stopped to take his hand and kiss it.

"Why?"

"Um, they're your fucking parents, oh, and the old King and Queen." I rolled my eyes.

"Jinnie, they can't hurt you, you're my boyfriend and they do respect you, you will be completely fine." He nods and pulled one of my claws up.

"You should file these down."

"Let's just go, silly." I yanked my hand back and started swimming to the library with him following without fuss.

When we got there, I kissed the cop one last time before shoving him in. And Jin very much expressed how he would kill and break up with me, still, I did it. Am I a bad boyfriend? Possibly. Was it funny as hell? Damn right.

"I really hope dad doesn't kill him," I muttered and headed to my office.

Jin's pov

Strolling around the room, I quickly spotted the royal couple at a table. "Hi." I waved getting their attention and sat down as they watched me.

"Hello, Jinnie." Gia smiles at me but I was mostly looking at Jiyong, he's the one I gotta worry about.

"Well, Jin, I know you know my brother and I'll get to that in a second, first I want to know how you did that wailing sound." He said and I gulped.

"Yongguk showed me a while back and when I saw Joon and Jackson it just happened... Guk is better at these word things."

"Jin, my brother isn't the nice guy you and a lot of people think he is. He was kicked out of Atlantis for using our ancient powers to try and rule the kingdom. He must have taught you how to access that side for a reason, so we just need you to tell us what he did."

"Mr. I slept next to Yongguk for 2 years if he was bad I would have known." Jiyong sighs.

'Oh god, I'm going to die.'

"That's his power, every child from the royal family has a power. Namjoon can control plants while Jimin does the same with sharks. Mine is the temperature of the water and my brother's is deception. We all get our powers from Poseidon and the god wasn't always truthful." I hum.

"So what did he want me with then?"

"Probably help Jackson or him back into the kingdom. I honestly don't know but when you go back to the surface, just be safe. He's very powerful and even with your skills, you can't take on a royal Atlantan."

"He's in my town up there and you have never seen me in full action. I'm the best for a reason but I will keep a lookout, thank you for informing me of this. But I got one more question, he told me he had a wife and kids, is that true?" I ask standing up a little.

"That is true but his wife is just as bad as him. The kids are good and have no clue, just stay safe. You make Namjoon happy and I would hate for him to find out about his uncle hurting you." I nodded, sucking in a deep breath.

"So... I can't tell Namjoon?" The two shook their heads.

"No, Jin you can't, Joon has to focus on his work here in the kingdom, and not on you," Gia explains and Jiyong nodded.

"O-Oh, I can leave today then, since we got Jackson and I have work in the morning. Yeah, work." I bit my cheek and bowed to the two. "Thanks again," I smiled and swam out to then start my adventure on finding Namjoons office.

After asking many merfolks, I went through this weird bubble thing and saw Namjoon looking at me with a raised eyebrow.

"That was pretty fast. Suspiciously fast." He teased smiling.

"Uh yeah," I chuckled rubbing the back of my neck, "they just told me a few things and I think it's time for me to go home. I still have work and everything."

"Right, you don't live here... Well, do you want to go by yourself or want me to come with you?" I looked around his office, some things catching my eye by how exotic they looked.

"No, you got work so I should go by myself, it can't be too hard to get back to shore."

"Oh." I heard and brought my gaze back to him.

"Namjoon," I start, and the merman hums, "we still got our separate lives and you can't live up there and I can't live down here... I think-... I think maybe we should reevaluate this relationship." Namjoon got up frowning and came in front of me.

"Jin, did my parents say something?" He asks cupping my face.

"N-No, I think they like me but think about it. It's a lot of work and I do love you and all but again I can't live here and y-you can't live on the surface. It's would be a long-distance relationship and those never really w-work out." I sighed, seeing the wheels turning in the merman's head so I scooted back a little from his grasp.

"You waited 2 years for me and I'm so sorry to have to do this, but even though we just started dating I think we should break up. Your priorities are h-here, mine are up there. Maybe we'll see each other again but until the next time, bye N-Namjoon." I smiled slightly and before he could talk or grab me, I swam out.

Going past all the guards, and used my super speed to get out of the city quickly so I could cry on the beach, where I was supposed to feel at home but now, nothing feels right.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Underwater Voices will have a happy ending trust me.

This still broke my heart though 💔