Chapter 33: Taming A Merman

Jin's pov

As the morning rudely strolled in past my blinds, I was woken up by a call from the police station telling me there was a new body found. Confused about how they knew I was back, I still managed to get up, shower, changed into my uniform, and finally wake Namjoon up.

"J-Jin? What are you doing?" He asked with a big pout on his lips while he rubbed his eyes with balled-up fists.

"I got called in so I have to go." Namjoon pouted even more and rolled onto his side, gripping my arm as he does so and held on for dear life. "Guppie, come on," I whined, pulling at my arm, "I will be back soon and then we can talk about jobs for you."

"How about we talk at lunch? You can see me at lunch right?" The merman opens his eyes and I get the hurt puppy dog look.

'Oh lord.'

"Yes, I will try and see you at lunch Namjoon but you'll have to walk there. Then when I get off we can talk about that wedding!" I flicked his nose suddenly making my arm go free, with that chance, I bolted to my kitchen downstairs. Looking at my watch as I start my coffee maker and searched for a protein bar in the pantry.

"Until we find a ring, should we keep the engagement to ourselves or.. what would you like to do?" I heard after my lovely couple of seconds of peace before glancing over my shoulder to the stairs.

"Let's keep it a secret for now. We should probably do simple rings that can go underwater right?" I saw the younger nod and then he walked up next to me.

"I could sneak into Atlantis with the help of Hoseok or Yoongi and pick out both of our rings. Atlantean metal is superior and still looks amazing!" I furrow my eyebrows and turn to him with the tilt of my head.

"You pick out both of our rings? Don't make me laugh, Joon." Namjoon gasps dramatically, taking a few steps back like he was stumbling from a push making me roll my eyes.

"Oh no, Jinnie. I will not allow that to happen you say... I am of royal blood!" He said proudly puffing out his chest. "I can pick out good quality jewelry and maybe that will give me the chance to grab some of my things, if... if I can move in with you?" I turned to the merman.

"Namjoon, you're my fiancé now, you can move in anytime. Tonight we can make some room around the house since this is your home now too. We can also set up photos and whatever other crap you have down in Atlantis." The merman smiled and sneakily kissed me on my lips by holding my arms to my side.

"Are you going to let me have some space in the closet?"

"Eh, we'll see." I chuckled. "This is going to be our place but I don't want to push you into anything you're not fully 1,000 percent sure." Namjoon just keeps that big cute, adorable dimple smile on his face making it hard for me not to smile back at him.

"I'm 100,000 percent sure that I'm staying with you, yet you should go to work. I will go get Hoseok and bring my- what did you call it? Crap?" I playfully scoff and pressed my forehead against his, each time I did this I somehow felt him calm down.

Maybe I can tame the merman?

Ohh...

"Do what you want Namjoon. I trust you fully." He sighed and closed his eyes.

"Okay, so I think we should get lunch some other time. After you leave, I can go to Atlantis and it's going to take all day to get my crap, the ring, and bring it all back here, so I'll probably be back around dinner if I have to walk here."

"I'll miss you, my sugarplum!" Namjoon laughed and then pecked my lips, shutting my eyes I felt his hand cup my cheek and hold me there.

I could feel every emotion he felt for me in these types of moments and I feel like I'm falling for him every single time we kiss. The power we hold in ourselves is something magical.