Chapter 18: From The Heart

Namjoon's pov

'Dear guppie,
     By the time you get this, I'll probably be gone. I've been told that something is happening at our border, I don't know if it's true or not but that's what I'm going with. Though, because of this, I was drafted into the military a little earlier than expected with Dawn and a few other of my cop buddies.

     I didn't want to tell you because I didn't want to see you mad or upset at me. I purely wanted a nice day with you at the beach and gosh it so was! I had a lot of fun and last night, the day we separated, I started to figure out how I could stay hydrated since I'm not going to be by the ocean anytime soon. (I just have to drink really salty water)

     Please don't be upset with me, Namjoon. I will be back before you know it :).
-Jinnie (Look at the back of each letter you find)'

Taking a deep disappointed breath, I flipped the paper over to see a big ass 'I' on it.

"So where do we go now?" I put the letter in my pocket and looked at the couple.

"The police station Hoseok, so we need to get a move on," I announced, turning around to start walking in the direction of Jin's work.

"So... give us a summary of what you read," Ravi says with a huge grin on his face while he skips in front of me.

"He's sorry for not telling me and then there was this 'I' on the back for some reason." He squinted his eyes but didn't push me on it, which I was thankful for. "The station is up here," I announced.

"I wonder what the next letter is about!" Hoseok squeals jumping up and down like those boxing animals in that dog-looking country.

"Yeah." I sighed and looked at their intertwined hands. "He still left me without saying anything though."

~•~•~

I let out one of those 'Thank God,' sighs walking into the station, after what felt like hours of the two, we were finally in a cool place. However, I rushed to Jin's desk and picked up the letter that was neatly in the middle when someone came up to me.

"Jin said we should expect you, I will go find Hui." I nodded at Wooseok, the man who drove me to the beach before sitting down to open the papers again.

'Dear Namjoon,
     I hope everyone was nice to you at the station and throughout your journey. This is my last letter and I know once you see them all together, it will be a shock seeing how I treated you... badly in the beginning but it's the truth.

     My feelings aren't a lie and I hope we can talk about this when I get back. I wish everything goes well for you in Atlantis, guppie, and don't worry about me, okay? If anything bad does happen, then I'm happy you know how I feel so you can live out your fishy life in contentment.

Tell everyone I say hi and I hope to see you soon guppie.
-Jin'

I furrowed my eyebrows, confused by his words but also at the feeling of something else inside the paper. Still sitting down, I took out the thing and unfolded a photo that made me smile.

"The fuck? That's SeokJin! Kook and I used to watch him when we were young. Man, I remember that attack. He was so amazing!" I chuckled and waited until he figured it out. "Wait hold up... Your Jin, the one you've been crying about is the surfer, SeokJin?" I nodded, exhaling loudly, and moved my hand onto the shark that jumped out at my cop.

"Yeah." I turned the letter over to see a 'You'. 'What's he trying to say?' I wondered when I heard someone talk.

"I'm back." We turned around and I saw Wooseok with a small human male next to him.