Chapter 7: Let's Just Kill

Jin's pov

"Whoa, I know her!" I heard and turned to Jungkook on my heels.

"Jungkook." Namjoon hissed but I put my hand on his left peck and got myself in front of the tall, handsome merman.

"Who was she, Jungkook?"

"She came with Tae and me to the beach one time, she's a mermaid. I don't know her name but I know her face and that's it." I nodded, thinking with my lip in between my teeth.

"Okay, see if you can find anything out, do not touch the body. I need to talk to Hui." I gave Namjoon a suspicious glare and then went to my co-workers. "Anything?" I ask putting on the gloves I was handed.

"No, but I've heard people think it was a small shark but the body was physically moved here. If only ocean animals could walk, right?" I hummed and look at the two I came here with. "Isn't that-" I nod.

"He's been watching me, no-".

"Jin, he could have killed this girl." I turned and put a hand on his head, softly tapping it, threateningly.

"Don't make stupid assumptions, we need to know all the facts first, so let me just worry about them." Hui nodded repeatedly and I put my hand down. "How did she die?"

"You would think blood lost from these chunks of flesh missing everywhere, however, she died because someone broke her neck!" Shinwon says, clapping his hands together while coming up from behind me, pointing to everything as he talked.

"How do you know?" I questioned, looking over the marks.

"The color around her neck is yellow, meaning it's been there for a bit. We have sent a sample to the lab to see exactly when she died but by the smell, she's been on land for a few hours now." I nodded, moving my lips to one side.

"Okay give me a second," I announced eyeing Namjoon up and down before walking to the two. "What do you think?"

"I think exactly what you're thinking but a siren, one that got turned recently. He or she must have seen this young woman swimming and attacked. Then realizing what it did, the merman or woman who had turned the person, then dragged the body up here in a panic." I rubbed my chin.

"Um okay, let me think," I mumbled and looked at the body, before looking into the delicious green eyes of the hot merman staring down at me. "I need you both to come with me to the station. Not for long but enough time to see if you recognize some people since I saw Hui holding a sketch of a face. Once I get an answer, I will return you both to the sea, deal?" The two looked at each other and nodded.

"Deal, let's go." I smiled and lead the way to my Jeep, Jungkook got into the back while Namjoon went up in the front with me, which I liked more than I wanted to acknowledge. Though as I got on the road, my mind went elsewhere until the youngest spoke.

"Jin where are your parents? Me being a loyal fan and all just has never seen them or ever heard them being mentioned." I hummed pressing my lips into a thin line.

"I was abandoned in a mall at 7, I stayed on the streets for a while until someone turned me into an orphanage. I was never passed around like some, no one ever wanted an older kid, so when I got over that. I became obsessed with the sea, and the sense of freedom it gave, and the ladies who worked there started to take us to the beach. One of the teenagers there taught me how to swim, surf, and how to fight. He protected me so one day when he left I could do the same for others. I then became a pro surfer at age 19, shark attack at 22, became a cop at 25, and I'm already making difference in the 3 years I have been on the force." I smiled at the feeling of a hand on my shoulder, making me glance at Namjoon.