Chapter 43: Sandwiches & Jail

Jins pov

"So you have to design a suit out of Namjoons mother's wedding dress? No offense but you aren't very talented in that section. Guns yes, fashion designing, no." I rolled my eyes and glare at Shinwon from in between my fingers that were over my face.

"No shit sherlock, but that's why I need your help, please do something fashiony," I whined and grabbed his hand. "Please."

"Jin I will, of course, do it. It's not every day you get to redesign a royal dress into a suit." He chuckled. "I don't know why you even did a whole speech about it, you're one of my closest friends and deserve to be happy. I'll help you design the outfit with his mother but I better get a good seat at the wedding." He smiled and I got up to hug him.

"Yes, thank you so much," I whispered and squeezed him tightly.

"No problem, now go get that fiancé and save him from the monster we call, Hui."

"Right Namjoon's here," I mumbled and headed to the interrogating room.

"Oh thank god." Was the first thing I heard, entering the room. "Jin's here!" Hui groaned slamming a file to my chest before going to stand next to Namjoon who was in the corner with his arms crossed.

I frowned and opened the file. "Oh, it's Jaemin!" I smiled and looked at the kid handcuffed to the table. "Did your dad do something again?" He shrugged and I sat down in front of him.

"My mom this time. I just wanted to get ice cream with Jeno, I promise, but no, she took the money I saved up under my bed, to do her... activities. So technically it isn't my fault I went out to spray paint and release anger. Jinnie come on, I am too young to go to jail, plus you always have to blame it on the parents, right? Yeah my parents, get them!" He smiled leaning forward to lay his chin on the table.

"You spray painted a cop's car." Hui snapped.

"Where's Jeno?" I asked, putting my hand up to stop my fellow cop from talking anymore.

"Don't know, skipped like he's supposed to when I get picked up. Probably went to get my sister and take her to the treehouse until I get out." Humming, I turned in my chair.

"Hui, can you go to the elementary school and pick up Na Ryujin and Lee Jeno?" The man huffed. "Oh come on, he's just a kid."

"Fine." I smiled widely and looked at Jaemin trying to give me a sad face but I've groaned immune to it.

"You still living at that house on the corner?"

"Yeah." He said and I noticed how the kid's gotten skinnier, paler even.

"Jaemin, this is my fiancé Namjoon, him and I live together now and I want you to come to my house the next time you don't feel safe. Bring Ryujin and even Jeno if he is around too. We'll take care of you all, no matter the time, please come or I will find you." I teased and took the cuffs off of the young child.

"Thank you, Jinnie." He muttered, rubbing his red wrists.

"No problem. Are you hungry?" Jaemin shrugged and I looked at Namjoon who got the gist and left.

"Why are you always so nice to me?" I stood up and went to take off my jacket and put it around the kid, prior to bringing him in for a nice hug.

"You are a nice kid Jae, just born a bit too early, like a few years but still. I like you and I want to keep you safe, you're barely 10 and almost gone to jail more than most adults." Jaemin hummed and I felt him nuzzle his head into my neck but he flinched when the door was slammed open.

"Wooseok made a sandwich since I can't do crap, so here you are kid." I looked up at Namjoon and chuckled.

"Come on," I whispered and slightly pushed Jaemin back onto his own feet so he wasn't leaning on me. "Eat up and then I will hug you some more." That got the kid moving. He got back into the familiar metal chair and without chewing, swallowed the whole sandwich whole, or that's what it seemed to have happened.