Chapter 37: The Merman Intern

Jins pov

"Okay so let me get this straight." I rubbed my face looking at the woman cuffed to the table. "You killed your boyfriend because he got you your best friend's favorite flowers and you just assumed he was cheating, am I correct?" She nods and I turn to Jinho looking at me with the same expression.

"I told you." He whispered and I got up from my seat to go stand next to him.

"Should we call in the best friend?"

"We should talk to Captain first because this woman is sick. Who knows how she'll react to seeing the friend who she thought was fucking her boyfriend." I chuckled and looked at my watch. "Can't believe you're getting married," Jinho whispered.

"I can't believe it either, I'm so happy-".

"I WAS HAPPY KILLING HIM! HAHA!" I looked at the woman disgusted, Jinho grabbed my wrist and lead the way out.

After reemerging from the hall I saw Namjoon and Taeyang talking and that can never be good once Jinho let me go, I snuck over on my hands and knees to listened in a little.

"-don't know sir, I should ask probably Jin before I say anything."

"Well, what do you think Jin?" I lifted my head to lock eyes with Taehyungs amused ones. Smiling widely, I popped up, making Namjoon burst out laughing.

'I love that I can make you laugh like that. You look so cute!' I cooed until there was a hand snapping in front of my face.

"Would you mind if Namjoon became an intern here?" My Captain asks and I looked down at my fiancé a bit shocked.

"I wouldn't mind but only if he wants to," I said and glanced at Taeyang to make sure my answer was alright.

"Okay cool, he'll be with you until I say so."

"That's fine and the woman who killed her boyfriend is a psycho so good luck." My Captain rolled his eyes and walked away to Jinho while I sat in my comfy chair just to be forcefully turned to look at Namjoon.

"You want me to do this?" He asked me and I smiled seeing the conflict in his eyes.

"Yeah, I do Joonie." I moved my hand to caress his cheek. "I get to be with you more and you have a supposed knack for this career. But you can always say no, I don't want you to feel obliged to want this because I'm here. If you want to do something else, go with that feeling." Namjoon nodded and bit his lip.

"How did I get so lucky with you?" He whispers, putting his hands near my inner thighs.

"Well you got caught in a net and I took a human trafficking case, now here we are, almost three years later ready to get married!" I grinned leaning forward a bit.

"Still mad that you went into the military without telling me, very rude." He said making me chuckle at his serious face.

"Well, I don't have to go anywhere unless I'm ordered too so don't worry." Namjoon hums and looked down to play with my ring.

"When should we have the wedding?"

"I think I want it in the summer or spring, what about you, guppie?" Namjoon shrugged.

"Honestly I don't care but you know you'll have to wear something traditional from my family cause I'm me, right?" I nodded taking a deep breath.

"I'll wear whatever you want me to wear Namjoon because this is about us. I just need you there." The younger smiles widely and used his other hand to hold my chin between his thumb and index finger.

"KISS! KISS! FUCKING KISS ALREADY!" Our eyes widened and we turned to see Yuto, Kino, and Wooseok standing there watching us. Namjoon shrugged and leaned forward to connect our lips which I gave into.

As the three screamed, my smile went even wider while he pecked my lips one more time and whispered about how he loved me before looking at the cops.

"I am. Dead." Kino puts a hand over his head and fell back into Wooseok's arms.

"You're just jealous," I stated and look at the papers on my desk.

"Maybe." He responds grinning slightly and then I gave them the look.

"We have never seen this side from you and it's cute." Yuto giggles and skips away, pulling the two with him like my glare was nothing.

I will work on it more and regain power once again!

"I like them. You have fun friends!"

Okay maybe later, Namjoons so cute looking at me with such pretty big green eyes.

"Joon... let's go get some lunch," I said standing up with the younger watching me as I clean my desk.

With the roll of my eyes at the no help, we left the station and to my car.

"What should we get?" Namjoon looks around, practically jumping out of his seat when I started the vehicle.

"Well, you haven't even tried half of what we have on land so we are going to go to Panda Express, literally my whole life is from there." Namjoon turned to me with his head tilted to the side.

"Why is a place named after an animal? Are we eating this Panda?" My eyes widened.

"No guppie, no we are not." I chuckled, "You'll just have to see, it's a really good fast food Chinese place."

"Whatever you say," Namjoon whispered and he snatched my phone to play some sort of game. Huffing, I turned up the radio until I pulled up to my favorite restaurant of all time.

"Let's go." I parked and jumping out of my car, once it was locked, took Namjoon's hand and dragged him inside where there was no line. 'Just my day!'

I ordered for the both of us and then sat across from my fiancé with a happy face since he was carrying the food.

"So what did you want to do when we get home?" He hands me my bowl before looking at his food.

"Um, I'll start dinner and probably finished up some work, maybe take a shower after, and then just go to bed, why?" Namjoon shrugged and looked around like an owl.

'HOLY SHIT HOW FUNNY WOULD THAT BE IF HE SAW AN OWL.' I snickered at my thoughts and opened my bowl while watching the merman's reaction as he tried the orange chicken with chow mein for the first time.

Soon all his attention was on the food so I copied him, but he looked SO cute, that every once in a while I would glance up and smile.

Eating a bowl of Panda Express didn't take that long to finish so after throwing our trash away we decided to go on a little walk. Hand in hand just looking at all the stores and other people walking by us.

I had noticed Namjoon starting to act a little weird but I just thought that we must have gone by a seafood place or something. I had no idea I would be pulled into a fucking alley and apart from my fiancé.

Instantly, I was put into instinct mode as I struggled to get out of the hold but instead, I smash the back of my head into the other's face and then slammed him into the wall.

"Get off of me," I growled, finally getting a hand free allowing me to elbow the dude in the face, however, he didn't even flinch.

'Should've used my gu-'.

"LEAVE HIM ALONE! I WILL FUCKING GO!" I frowned before my knees suddenly gave out I saw nothing but black.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
While I was writing this I had the biggest thirst for Panda Express.