Chapter 8: Get Home Safely

1 week later...
Jin's pov

I wake up to the disgusting smell of sardines engulfing my nose. Groaning loudly, I moved out of my warm bed to go to the kitchen where Jungkook stood, eating the weird tiny fish right out of the can.

"You disgust me." I gagged and looked around as my eyes adjusted to the bright light.

"I know but I have gone through all your little questions, and I really want to see my husband. I've never been away from him this long." He pouts, with a trembling lip making me groan loudly, but it was more like a scream of all my pain.

'It's too early for this.'

"I need coffee before you start fucking crying." Jungkooks lip starts to quiver more and like yesterday and the day before that, I gave up my coffee to hug the big cuddly child.

"I think you can leave today, Jungkook, you've been cleared of not being the murderer and I just need to finish up some things. Then I promise, I will take you to the beach, and throw you in myself, just let me have my fucking coffee." I mocked his moans and Jungkook move out of my kitchen giggling, yet allowing me to grab my breakfast bar.

With caffeine finally coming into my system, I got dressed and did what I needed in the bathroom. Getting me and Jungkook out the door by 7:50, which has been the best time all week.

It doesn't take long until I get us to the police station. The younger went straight to his superhero coloring book, which he made me buy.

So as he draws... with sound effects, I did my job which took up about the whole day, as usual.

~•~•~

Putting my report on my boss's desk, I let the relief fly over me as I head back to Jungkook.

"You ready?" I asked, putting my stuff away, meaning shoving papers into my desk.

"Hell yeah, come on!" Jungkook's whole face lit up and grabbed my arm, ready to drag me out but suddenly a group of people slammed the doors opened and multiple gunshots went off in the police station.

Blinking into action, I shoved Jungkook to the ground, behind a desk, hoping they wouldn't get him, and brought my gun out.

"PUT YOUR HANDS UP." I heard multiple times and I squinted my eyes before they went wide.

"IT'S JAY!" The front guy took off his mask and looked me up and down with a smirk.

"Ah... Officer Seok. Jin. You, sexy, gorgeous thing, took down a lot of my men last week." I glanced towards a guy pointing a gun at Kino's head so when Jay grabbed my jaw I didn't smack the shit out of him. "You're coming with me."

"Like hell, I wou-" Jay, for some reason, shoved me back and I was able to kick the man in the stomach making all hell go loose.

When it was the right time, I grabbed Jungkook and we bolted out the backdoor. (A/n: Hey, you wanna come in?) And dragged his butt to a random cop car and sped off as quickly as I could.

"Jin, are you going to be okay?" Jungkook questioned pressing his face against the back bars when I got onto a new road.

"I will be once I know you are safe and away from here." I rushed and then he leaned back in his seat.

"Biting a person is fun! You should've tried it, but Jinnie," he says seriously, "I don't want to leave you if you're just going to get hurt. You're my best land friend and I do care about you." I pressed my lips together and promptly skidded roughly into the beach's parking lot.