Chapter 17: Define Gone

Namjoon's pov

"So Joonie, when are you going to see Officer SeokJin again?" Jimin asks, glancing up at me from his plate. I shrugged and continued playing with my food.

"He wanted me to wait a week for some reason," I said, and out of the corner of my eye, I noticed my dad shifting in his seat. "Dad?"

"Yes?" He smiles innocently making me even more suspicious.

"What do you know?" I asked squinting my eyes at him.

"Well... I sent a guard up to spy on Jin, and he's kinda sorta gone." I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Define gone?" I growled, watching as he rubbed the back of his neck, awkwardly.

"Well- okay just listen. In Korea, there's this thing where Korean men go into the military to sever for their country. So I think something has happened and all able men from some age to another have been called in. Jin's going to be gone for a total of 2 years."

"No- N-No that can't be right, he would have t-told m-" suddenly the pieces to the puzzle started fitting together in my head. I looked down and closed my eyes. "The guy at the door. Dawn running over. Why he was crying on the beach. He- He-" I whispered, squeezing my fists together before taking a deep breath and relaxing my shoulders.

I simply nod to my family and friends before standing up to calmly swim to my room. Once seated I put my head into my hands, tapping my claws against my temples.

'He lied and left me... Where have I seen this before?' I sighed, gripping my hair before letting out a very dramatic groan. Falling back on my bed, I stared up at my ceiling as a dream comes into my mind.

"Jin left me." My eyes widened when the dots connect and I bolted out, passing some shocked maids, then tackled my dad forward like 10 feet over the dining table. "I had a dream about Jin leaving me!" I rushed shaking the king by his shoulders.

I don't know what I thought his reaction would be but I didn't think he would look at my mother like he had just heard a human was on the three islands.

"Can you all leave us?" He asked with a stern voice and I turned to the table confused.

"Certainly," Jimin said and they all quickly dispersed. While my dad pulls me back to my seat and pushed me down in front of my mom, then went to his spot.

"Tell us what else you've dreamed about?" He ordered taking my hand into his.

"Um if I remember correctly it was the kingdom in ruins. I would try and reach out for Jin but he disappeared into ashes, like the rest of our family. But Jin said it's just a dream so it's fine, right?"

"Jiyong." My mother whispered in a certain tone that made me sit up straight.

"Gia, we didn't know." I tilted my head.

"What?" My parents sighed in unison, which is never a good sign.

"Um son, you know that at the very top of our royal family is Poseidon and he's a god. He had many abilities that get passed down to each generation and some are more common than others. Like Jimin controlling sharks, and your plants, that's so different but there have been a lot of generations and a lot of abilities have presented themselves."

"Jiyong skip to the good parts." My mom groaned making me stiff out a laugh.

My dad scoffed. "My parents used to tell me and my brother that Poseidon could see small glimpses of the future when something or someone he loved would be in danger. Everything you saw wasn't a dream, it was a vision. Jin disappearing into the military. The kingdom in ruins, us probably leaving to god knows where. It has all come true or is going to at some point." I nodded slowly, looking at my hands.