Chapter 20: The Day My Life Changes

Namjoon's pov

"You ready to go?" I pressed my lips together, nodding as I looked down at my mother. Her sweet smile was on display to distract me so she could put a hand through my hair.

Frowning, I slapped her hand away and glanced at Jimin swimming over.

"Joon, you'll do fine." I smiled wildly when he hugs me.

"Thanks, you two." My smile slightly became wider when I looked down at the green metallic military chest piece, that was made just for me.

"You'll be protected," Jimin spoke again.

"I know... it's just a lot to take in, I'll be fine though. I want this and it'll keep me busy in the long run." The two hummed, understanding where I was coming from so they didn't push on the subject too much which I was happy about.

Eventually, we made our way to the front door, meeting up with dad. As I took a deep calming inhale, the doors started to open.

Exhaling loudly, we swam forward in front of everyone in Atlantis. My mom and Jimin go to the far right side while my dad and I go a little more in front of everyone.

"My people! Thank you for all coming out here today to witness my oldest son, Namjoon take my place as your king. You have seen and witnessed my son grow and become an already great leader. Over time, I promise, he will get even better with you all by his side. After the ceremony, if you have any questions please don't be afraid to ask my son." My eyes scan over the crowd before I followed my father to our spots. My crown in one of his claws, his necklace, the one always around his neck, along with a stone board in his other hand.

"Namjoon repeat after me, please. I, as your King, will honor and protect my kingdom with all my might and with Poseidon looking down on me. I promise that my people and their comfort will be my main priority."

"I, as your King, will honor and protect my kingdom with all my might and with Poseidon looking down on me. I promise that my people and their comfort will be my main priority." I repeated and I couldn't fight back the smile that crawled from ear to ear.

My dad chuckled at me and looked at the stone, then at me again. "As your King, I will forever hold Atlantis to my heart and be the best ruler I can be."

"As your King, I will forever hold Atlantis to my heart and be the best ruler I can be." My dad gave the stone to Yoongi who winked at me prior to placing my crown on my head. Then he lifts his necklace over his head just to put it on me, allowing the gem to fall into its place.

"You'll be a great ruler son." He whispers, kissing my forehead, and then went to my mother and brother's side while I went to the front of the castle's steps to show myself proudly.

"Any questions?"

"Yes, I have one." A woman comes forward with a smile. "What are you planning to do with these rebels?" She said and many people hummed.

'Okay, here I go. Don't mess up.'

"I was planning to address that so thank you, Ms. These groups of sirens have defaced property and killed some of our friends and or family. Been stealing from our homes, stealing from the remarkable companies we have created down here in Atlantis. We are trying very hard to find their leader and possibly talk but if not, they will be killed. When I say this I do not mean you ladies and gentlemen kill them. If they are attacking you yes, you have permission to protect yourself but if a siren is just swimming around please tell a guard who I will be sending out. Not all sirens are in the rebellion some are our husbands and wives. This situation will be taken care of soon, thank you." I smiled and they started clapping loudly mid-way through.

"There's evidence that you've been going to the surface a lot these days. Is there a certain someone you are seeing, or are you just learning?" A guy came out next.

'So people are spying on me, gotcha.'

"A little of both. There is this guy but I do enjoy heading to land only because I still haven't grasped how humans run their lives."

"Who is this man?"

"An ex-professional surfer turned cop. The reason why I don't hate sirens is because he is one." They gasp and start murmuring around. "His name is Jin, he was attacked by a shark, and as I said he became a cop. He saved my life so I saved his when he got shot because I know he wouldn't spill our secret. So as someone I love, I couldn't let him go; the result is, I turned him." I stated. "Jin's a good guy and has proven many, many times to my family and me that he'll hide our secret at any cost. Not long ago he was drafted into the Korean military which is why I believe this would be the perfect time to help out my citizens more."

"When he comes back what will you be more focused on?" I hummed and intertwined my fingers in front of my tail.

"My focus will always be on my people, don't doubt that. When he comes back I know how to get in contact with him but I'll be here in Atlantis." They all seemed to like my answer making my smile grow wider. "Any more questions or will that be all?" When nothing was said I bowed to my people and turned around, swimming back into the castle after bowing again. Exhaling loudly when the doors closed.

"Joonie you did so good!" Jimin squeals hugging me tightly.

"Yeah, I'm actually impressed," my dad teased, "and they barely had any questions which is unfai-" he stopped when there was a loud piercing scream. I rushed to look out the window and saw what we thought was going to happen.

'FUCK!'

"Dad, what do I do?" I turned to my father frantically.

"We have to get everyone to safety. Go with the guards, I got everything in the castle." He said and when I nodded we went out separate ways.

Once outside, my mind was spinning but I had to at least try and stay focused. Looking around, I caught sight of a group of women and a few children. Quickly, I bought a wall of kelp up, blocking a siren from this family.

"GO!" I screamed and moved that wall forward to wrap around the ex-human to make him fall to the city ground. Leaving me to help some other mer-folks since Hoseok got the guy and escorted him into the castle.

"NAMJOON!" I turned around and my jaw fell slightly out of shock and purely out of anger if that makes sense.

"I-I what? I thought you died?"

"You thought wrong, brother."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Gosh, I cringe so hard at that last sentence.

Also, I'm back!!!!!!!!!💜💜💜😋😋😋