Chapter 34: Sneaking Around Atlantis

Namjoon's pov

Snatching a fish in my claws, I whispered a little something to it before watching her swim away. Smiled proudly, I headed to the surface of the three islands and simply waited, not shifting, just allowing the sun to beam on my scales.

It was a good hour or so until I heard a splash near me. I slowly opened my eyes and saw Hoseok looking at me suspiciously. "Before you say anything, why did you take so fucking long?"

"I was in the middle of making out with Ravi and I didn't want to finish so what did you want?" I chuckled and tapped my claws against a seashell.

"Um I wanted to move my stuff in with Jin and I might've hypothetically proposed to him and he might've said yes!" I smiled innocently, bringing the shell to my side and chucking it into the water ignoring how Hoseok has eyes as wide as the moon. Yet, he didn't speak, I tilted my head and shook my hand near his face until I got some sort of reaction out of the guard.

"This isn't hypothetical is it?" I shook my head.

"How did y- wait WHAT? How? When? Where? When did you even do this?" He asked putting his hands over his eyes.

"Um in bed." Hoseok raised his eyebrow high.

"Really?" I nodded. "And he said yes? I don't know who's the bigger idiot here, you or Jin." I pouted and furrowed my eyebrows.

"That's not very nice." Hoseok swam up next to me and took my hand into his.

"Namjoon. Sweetie. That's just weird, and it's Jin? I thought you would do something big or I don't know Jin would want something big. I don't know him as well as you do but if you're both happy then I'm happy." He says and then splashed some water into my face. "I'll sneak you in once you tell me why I have to hide you from your kingdom?"

"Jin and I want to keep things on the down-low for a bit before we tell everyone. So don't be talking to people, especially my mom. She would flip, and then come to kill me when I sleep."

"No promises but let's go." I rolled my eyes annoyed and we both scooted against the waves until our heads were comfortably submerged underwater. Then Hoseok was the one to lead the way to our home, past the cold fog, and to the lit-up city under it all. "You sure you don't want to live here?" He asked, stopping to soak in everything.

"Yeah... I want to be with Jin, and Jin's life is up there... with humans, sadly." Hoseok hummed and began pulling me down to hide behind a building.

"If you're happy, then I'm happy Namjoon." The older repeats making me smile softly and look for a jewelry store which Hoseok found and instantly dragged me there.

"Wow, your highness in my shop? How amazing!" The front lady squeals, coming over the counter to bow in front of me.

"Hello Miss, before I ask you anything, I need to know if you can keep a promise, everything we say in here shall never be said anywhere else, do you understand?" The woman nodded excitedly. "I'm looking for a wedding band." The woman's eyes lit up.

"Oh, this is really exciting!" She sang and I glanced at Hoseok already leaving my side to go sit on a rock. "So do you know what this special merfolk wants? A fancy ring or something on the calmer side?"

"He's more in the middle, nothing too big but something that-".

"I believe I know what you're looking for. Sorry for interrupting but I just love my job, come!" The woman swims back over the counter and points to a row of glass boxes, making me go over and look. "These are the ones on the calmer side, the ones way over there," she points to the other side of the room, "those are the more extravagant ones... I will allow you to look." I nodded and bent down.