Chapter 29: You're Only Making It Worse

Namjoon's pov

As soon as Jin was out of sight, I put a hand on my cheek and smiled slightly before swimming forward to find my family.

They always seem to get into trouble when I am not around.

"I'M BACK!" I flinched at the sudden voice and looked up to see my uncle coming down looking like he was proud of something making me scoff. I went next to my mother and father, watching him sink in front of us. "My, look at how you have grown." He said, looking me up in down, his eyes resting on the disgusting look I had on my face.

"Why are you here Yongguk?" My dad asked pushing me behind him slightly along with my mother who was watching very carefully, a spear hidden behind her back as well.

'She's so crazy. Where did she even get that? Or did someone give it to her?' I wondered, looking back at my uncle.

"-you kicked me out Jiyong, and I thought of so many ways to kill you but when I saw your son snooping around my Jinnie. I found my chance."

"He's not yours!" I growled.

"Oh really?" He grinned, "Well, he isn't yours anymore either." I watched in horror as he clicked a red button, quickly hearing an explosion go off.

"Y-You- You'll die for that," I growled looking at the blast not too far away but for some reason, my heart wasn't hurting.

"Sure I will, now that he is out of the way. Jay drop the chum and open the cage." He smirked and I knew who he was talking about and it seemed like my mother did too since she tapped my arm.

"Go grab the woman, Jin tried protecting her so now you got to do it." She whispered and I turned around to swim up, quickly catching a glimpse of something squirming.

Going over to see a woman falling with a ball and chain wrapped around her foot. "Oh great." I sighed and grabbed her waist. Rushing to get some blood out of her hair before swimming to the islands as fast as I could to then chuck her onto the sand where she started gasping for air.

"Hi, Hyuna." I grinned and carefully came up closer to her with my tail hidden in the murky water.

"Hi..." She breathed heavily, "Namjoon."

"Um, you just stay here until I come back."

"Where's Jin?" She asked, her breathing slowly calming down as she now tries breaking the chain off with a seashell that broke instantly once it connected with the metal.

"Possibly dead, but he might not be so um stay there." Hyuna frowns.

"Dead? Jin is too smart to just be dead. H-He did so much f-for me." She starts bawling her mascara off even more and I looked around frantic.

"L-Let me go see if I can find him, okay?" I rushed and she nodded digging her hands in the sand crying heavily. "Yeah." Shaking my head I went back to the water to swim very carefully to where the explosion was.

Honestly, I don't want to see if Jin was truly gone.

So when I came up to where the coral was broken extensively, I closed my eyes and squeezed my fist together before releasing everything with a exhale.

I opened my eyes and my breath got caught at the back of my throat.

My breaking became shaky as I swam down the floor. Gnawing on the inside of my lip, I put my hand over Jin's heart.

"Please," I muttered and closed my eyes when suddenly I got hit in the side of my head with something.

"OH SHIT! Namjoon, are you okay?" I turned around with wide eyes and tackled Jin back to the ground. "Whoa." He chuckled and hugged my back.