Chapter 47: You Ready To Be Spies?

Jins pov

Sitting in front of the Principal, a teacher, two other couples with their kids, and Jaemin, was not what I thought my Monday would be like... again, but here I am.

"Can you please tell me why I had to take off of work to come here?" I asked confused, breaking the awkward silence as I rub my temples.

"Well I first would like to say thank you for protecting our streets officer," I nodded, "and can you tell everyone in this room why Jaemin and his sister are staying with you and your partner?" I glanced at my kid who was quick to look away.

"Uh sure, I've known Jaemin since he was 7, he was a good kid, just trying to help out his sister. Their parents on the other hand were not, so after I got back from serving in the military, things happened and the two moved in with me and my fiancé. Their parents skipped town and I have been working on getting them to stay with us permanently." I explained with a smile turning my head to the boy who had his jaw dropped down to America.

"Really?"

"Yeah, Joon and I have been talking it over and I did promise you and Ryujin that you weren't going into foster care like I did, but now tell me what he did." The Principle nodded and rearranged a few papers on his desk. 

"Doyoung, Johnny, why don't you explain to this cop what the two of you said, and why Jaemin punched you?" I chuckled, lowering my head.

"Is something funny officer?" One of the dads snapped and I slowly looked at him.

"You want to raise your voice at me again, sir."

"Jinnie." I turned to Jaemin and watched him shake his head, making me huff.

"You're lucky I love that kid." I winked and faked jumped at him making the dad flitch. I smiled proudly and crossed my legs.

"Doyoung, Johnny, tell us what happened." The teacher repeats sighing as she leans onto another foot.

"We called him a-... a bastard and that no one wanted him or his sister."

"How hard did you hit them?" Jaemin smirks.

"Johnny passed out and Ryujin kicked Doyoung!" I nod and sent him a thumbs up that made the mother next to me scoff.

"Ryujin is a 5-year-old little girl, she doesn't even know what the word bastard means, and why do your kids know that?" I asked looking at the four parents who had their heads lowered or looked away. "Exactly, now is Jaemin in trouble?" The Principle shook his head as my phone buzzed. "Okay then we are going, I have to get back to the station. If this happens again, I will make sure Doyoung and Johnny know what it's like to be with real mean people, goodbye." I bowed my head before standing up and walking out, Jaemin quickly behind with his backpack slung over his shoulder.

"Where's Ryu?"

"Right where I told her to wait." I pointed and watched the boy run to his sister which was when I looked at my phone.

Hui:
This is Namjoon! I snatched Hui's phone when he was making out with Kino

Hui:
So how are you doing baby?

Hui:
Tell me how much you love me

Me:
Namjoon where is Hui?

Hui:
How dare you

Hui:
I don't even get a hi, YOU can sleep on the couch

I roll my eyes and look at the two kids. "Let's get to the car-" my phone begins ringing and I looked at the contact. "Hello, Namjoon?" I spoke with sarcasm.