Chapter 52: Not My Fault = Bad Idea

Namjoons pov

I watched the cop suspiciously as we ate our lunch. "Do you want to talk about it?" I asked, side-eyeing him as I took a bite of my taco salad.

"I asked Hui- I know you said to not think about it, but my parents were right in front of me, Joon." I waved him off and put my fork down.

"Just wanted to make sure it didn't interfere with work, but what did he say?"

"About the same thing you said guppie. I needed to make the decision, however, he said he would talk to them too." I hummed and rubbed my foot against the inside of his leg, comfortingly.

"And?"

"I left a message on their phone, if they get it they will meet us here." I choked with wide eyes and Jin passed me his glass of water and a disgusting lemon in it.

"What?"

"I thought I would back out later down the road, and never call them, so I called them when I went to the bathroom." I closed my eyes and then opened them slowly.

"Okay well scoot over, guppies coming in." I moved off the seat and sat next to Jin, slinging my right arm over his shoulders. "If they do come, then at least we are ready." He smiled and took my hand under the table. "Did you know that Jaemin called me today?" Jin tilted his head confused. "He went to the nurse, faking being sick, just to ask me what an answer was to a test he was taking at the moment."

"And what did you say?"

"I gave him the fucking answer, of course. Any kid that smart deserves it." I chuckled and Jin shook his head, I think in disbelief cause I am so awesome.

"He can't be doing that so you need to have a talk with him."

"What? Why me?" I whined, looking at him pouting.

"You gave him the answer Joon, and I'm not changing my mind."

"Why do I love you?"

"I can name a lot of reasons but one of them is my stubbornness." He leaned in close, my heart beating a beat faster. We're married and I'm still his bitch.

"I don't think that's it," I mumbled and tapped my lip but stopped suddenly at the sound of a scratchy, witchy, horribly sounding voice.

"Jin?" My eyes grew wide and he backed away quickly as we both stare at the older couple, uncomfortably looking at us.

'Now the awkwardness begins.'

"You guys can sit, he's not going to move." I nod and felt Jin's leg start jumping. Pressing my lips together, I put my hand on it and rubbed his knee, hoping that this would calm him down.

"We were surprised you called us this fast." The woman says, moving into the booth, across from Jin.

"I knew if I didn't do it now, I would never do it, so here we are." He started and put his hand on mine, intertwining our fingers.

"Still and you must be his husband nice to meet you. My name is Sunmi, and this is Daesung." The woman smiles.

"Nice to meet you guys too, I'm Namjoon."

"Why did you guys give me the letter now?" Jin asks squeezing my hand tightly.

'And right into it, please don't hurt him.' I pleaded, looking at the clock near the door and sighing.

"Um, we thought it was time."

"About 30 years later and suddenly you decided, 'Hey, let's go talk to our son who we abandoned!'"