Chapter 36: The Bet In The Station

Jin's pov

"What took you so long?" I turn away from Namjoon with wide eyes and look at Taeyang sitting on my desk with his boots on top of some files.

"Traffic and the devil's pet came out to play."

"It was a spider!" I look at Namjoon with disgust fully evident on my face.

"Right, well get to work and Jin, next time just shoot the damn spider so you won't be late." Taeyang rolled his eyes at me and walked off.

"You are not shooting any of my tiny spiders," Namjoon growled, passing me to sit in the metal chair next to mine.

"If you're not there then I have no control over my actions," I shrugged innocently, putting my stuff down.

"Then I guess I will never leave you alone," Namjoon whispered and I could feel his eyes on me making me turn pink. "Jinnie, why did you take off our rings and put them in the car?"

"Because," I stated and opened my computer while Wooseok came up to me with a smile.

"Did you see the dead body yet?" He asked and I shook my head confused.

"Um no?"

"Jin you have to go see it, it so weird! It's a normal shot in the head but why was the person shot in the head, huh?" I raised a brow and looked at the paper stack on my desk.

"I seriously thought you were going to say the person woke up. That would be weird." Wooseok grinned and looked at my fiancé.

"Hey Namjoon, you look bored, come. I will show you the body!" The two then turn to me.

"Sure just don't kill him." Wooseok chuckles and grabbed Namjoons hand to drag him off leaving me to shake my head and open a file.

Namjoon's pov

"So listen, we kinda have this bet going around the station about you and Jin." I hummed, still being dragged by the taller man.

"Is this why you are taking me away?"

"No, I really wanted to show you this but also yes."  Wooseok laughs.

"What's the bet?"

"Well one side says that you and Jin are secretly dating, another is just friends, while the bosses think y'all just fucken'." My eyes widened and I accidentally let out a small scoff. "Oh, so there is something more going on between you two?"

"Why is it such a big deal?" I questioned and the taller scoffed.

"Because it's Jin! He doesn't hang out with just anyone, so what's the dealio with you?"

"I will tell you only one thing.... we aren't just fucking." Wooseok nodded slowly with squinted eyes.

"Okay.... then what are you guys?"

"You got to ask Jin." Wooseok grins and like this guy is pretty much a head taller than me so he walked as if the ground was falling out from under him.

Meaning I was pretty much jogging next to the man before I was standing over a dead woman's body.

This is my life now.

Yay.

"She was shot in the head but didn't die. She died by her attacker snapping her neck. Her neighbor found her like this. Isn't that weird?" I shrugged and put the cloth back over her body.

"Do you have any suspects?"

"Her boyfriend, brother, or neighbor." I hummed looked at her hand.

"Did she cheat?"