Chapter 26: The Secret Boyfriend

Namjoon's pov

Looking down at the ground, I put my hand over my heart, feeling how it just tares into a million different parts so easily. Putting my free shakily hand through my hair, I watched how the present on my chair was staring back at me.

Biting my lip, I went over to take it and sit down with a sigh, my shoulders slumping forward as my face falls to nothing.

"Namjoon?" I hummed before slowly looking up.

"Hi, dad." He frowned and came in front of my desk looking confused.

"Uh Jin left rather quickly, I just wanted to see if everything was... alright."

"He broke up with me actually, he doesn't want to see me anymore, so everything is just fucking perfect," I sass rather harshly and then felt his hand on my back.

"I'm sorry, I- why did he do that?" I shrugged, dropping the gift to the ground as I placed my head on the edge of my desk.

"To sum it up, we have different priorities. He isn't going to live down here and he knows I'm not going to live up there, so here we are."

"O-Oh Namjoon, I- we- we didn't know this would happen." I shrugged again, moving my tail around a bit.

"He's right though... A-As much as I l-love him and h-he loves me, we didn't think any of this through and t-that is where it got us in our tails. But I feel like-... like I can't date anyone else, you know?" Lifting my head to look at my father who chuckled, and kissed my forehead before slapping the back of my head.

'Shit! What the heck?'

"I know I shouldn't be saying this but Namjoon I know you. You've fallen in love and me and your mother did have two sons, so Jimin can still be king if you want to leave. I know this is shocking because I said you gotta be the ruler and all but I don't want you to be upset for the rest of your life." I didn't show any emotion but I couldn't stop myself from thinking about what he was saying.

"B-But dad I promised the citizens, I can't just leave-".

"Yeah, but if you're not happy, you can't be a good king. Trust me I've tried, I wasn't always married to your mother, you know." He winks making me look at the box one more time.

"Dad, I don't think Jimin wants to be king."

"I'll talk to him Joon, but if you absolutely love Jin and you see yourself with him in the future, then go." I huffed, pouting as he lifted me like a youngling.

"I'll go talk to him, and then we'll go on from there, okay?"

"Great!" My dad smiled and started pushing me out of my office. "I'll do your work, it'll allow me to get away from your mother!" I scoffed and quickly swam out to rush past everyone and head towards the beach.

~•~•~

Standing in front of Jin's door, I might've had a small panic attack cause the cop is a bit scary when mad but I knew I had to do this. So with that being said, I brought my fist up to knock on his door, however, it swung open making me stumble forward. Frowning bewildered, I pushed it open more to walk into the once beautiful but now trashy house.

"What?" I looked towards the photos on the ground, then the furniture snapped in half and was thrown in different places. "FUCK!" Nearly slipping, I looked down to see bullet shells under my feet, along with blood splattered here and there. "J-Jin?" I whispered heading to the kitchen.

"He's not here." I quickly turned around, a hiss leaving my mouth but froze seeing the neighbor coming down the stairs. "I can't remember what time Jin came home but about 2 hours ago. Me and my wife began to hear yelling so she came over here to check it out cause we thought you two were having a fight but turns out we were so wrong seeing as they took her and Jin. I don't know if it was Jay or Yongguk-" my head snapped to him more.