Chapter Twenty-Five

Syllable For The Day - 'Support'

-----

ALAN'S POV

I was sitting in the office still being pissed about the entire morning. Dylan called me and I had a weird expression on my face because he never called me, normally.

"Yes?" I asked directly as I picked up the call.

"Master Alan, I have items on my hand and I need some help. Master Alex is busy." He said and I hummed, hanging up the call.

I walked out of my cabin and heard some commotion going on. I walked further ahead and found two familiar women, apparently bickering.

"What's going on?" I asked in a louder voice but with a neutral tone. They both turned to me but my eyes locked only on one.

"Era?" I whispered unable to believe that she was actually here at the office.

"Now you know who I have come here for? Stop creating a mess and give this to Alex...I mean Mr Chadwick." Kiera muttered sounding proud. Anyone can hear the proudness in her tone. She gave a box to her.

"And, could you move your legs? It's not a luncheon here." Suddenly, Kiera caught my arm and walked with me. I didn't know what to do but I kept my calm. I hadn't displayed such actions in office.

"Alan, don't react. Wait, you don't anyway. I mean, I can't leave your hand now. Guide me to your cabin." She said and her real emotions came out. I nodded and guided her to my cabin.

Once inside the cabin, she let her breath go. I don't think she herself knew that she was holding it. And also let my hand go.

Why did I like the warmth her hand provided?

The question kept hanging in my head. 

"I don't like when someone puts me down without a reason," She stated and I nodded agreeing to her.

"Agreed," I said as I sat on the sofa and looked away from her. I was still having an annoying mood. At the same time, I was happy to have a mood. 

I didn't realise how and when our conversation went from talking to teasing, to arguing and then finally with Kiera rewarding me with a peck on my cheek, rather dominantly. 

She had held my jaw, turned my face and kissed my cheek. And all I did was be still. I was still shocked over what had just occurred. I felt my face heat up but I controlled my face and its expressions.

Or, I just tried to do so.

Alex cleared saw that I was shocked and he was having a good time knowing how I was feeling. He was shocked to know that Kiera had pecked my cheeks and I was still standing and hadn't started to hallucinate.

"I'm okay to pecks,"

"He is okay to pecks," I and Kiera said at the same time. 

Suddenly, my left cheek had Alex pecking it. I heard a gasp and immediately pushed him away.

"Alex!" I yelled rather loudly.

"You both! Out!" I yelled again. But instead of listening to what I was saying, they both started laughing. My mind and body were suddenly reacting violently. 

I didn't know how to stop this. I wanted to stop this constricted feeling that kept me holding back, but I was failing miserably. I decided it was best if I'd leave and find a calm place and get a hold on my body.

I was about to leave when Kiera held my hand, preciously my bare palm. Suddenly, my heartbeat accelerated and I forgot about all other things. I let out a sigh.