Chapter Forty (Part One)

Syllable For The Day - 'Surprise'

-----

ALAN'S POV

I could've never imagined that I would ever face a situation like this. But I had. It was a feeling of deja vu where I felt flashes of my past haunt me.

When Kiera fell, I felt my world slip away from my hands. And at that moment, I wanted nothing more than holding her hand to keep her safe from every trouble. But, this time, I saved her. 

I had broken the curse, or I didn't?" 

So, I held her hand and intertwined them. Now, I was scared that once Kiera knew why I never held hands, she'd want to never hold my hand.

But she looked straight into my eyes saying those words that I only dreamt of hearing from her mouth while being sober.

"But, I've already fallen. I've fallen in love with you, Alan, all of you."

Hearing those words, only I knew how happy I was. I didn't want to wait anymore. This was the time for everything to come down to the point where everything was clear.

I knew what I had to do.

"Let's go, for now," I said to her and walked towards the train which would take us back. We had a long path to cross now, not literally but metaphorically.

Kiera didn't ask anything and walked with me. She didn't even look disheartened or degraded by my change of topic.

"Era, aren't you offended?" I asked her as we traced back the path we had come through.

"For what? That you didn't say anything back?" She questioned and I nodded.

"You fool! Don't I know you? You can say it when you want and when you're comfortable. Today was the moment I felt...like I should let you know because when my life flashed in front of my eyes, your picture was also there in it." She confessed to me and my heart soared.

"I'm glad," I responded to her and she flashed me a big smile.

We walked and finally reached the train. We all sat in and everyone kept looking at us. I shut my eyes and just enjoyed the ride. I was happy feeling our intertwined hands. I felt a lot more closer and a lot more intimate to Kiera.

I didn't even realise when it was already one hour back as we got down the train. The evening had fallen and the sky was a beautiful shade, just like how my heart was in a beautiful shade of love.

"My picture?" Asked a girl coming directly in front me us and blocking our path. She was the one who had previously called me hot. I face-palmed internally.

"Why does she want a picture?" Kiera asked with a scowl on her face. I could tell she was jealous and I loved it.

"I promised pictures, to leave us alone," I told her and she scoffed.

"Yes, so now I want my picture." The little girl said. She probably was in high school. Kiera came in between and smiled at her.

I knew something was suddenly very wrong now.

"You want a picture, right? Take it then." She said and stood right in front of me. She covered more than half of me and my face.

"I want a picture with him alone!" The little girl exclaimed and Kiera gave her a menacing glare.

"My husband, my rules! If you want a picture take it as this or you can swoosh from here." She warned her and I felt my cheeks redden when she called me her 'husband'.