Chapter Thirty (Part One)

Syllable For The Day - 'Advice'

-----

ALAN'S POV

Now that I knew how I felt, I didn't know how to react to it. I couldn't tell Kiera how I felt because she wasn't in a stable mind to understand.

I wanted to give her time to sort herself before I'd let her know about my feelings. I just tried to calm my nerves as I walked up to her room.

"Era," I called as I stood outside the door. I heard her voice so I pushed the door open. She was sitting on the bed in a pair of fresh clothes.

"Bathed?" I asked and she smiled at me as she nodded. I sat beside her and she looked at the tray.

"Now, I don't feel like eating." She muttered scrunching her face with a pout. She looked cute and a little bright like she usually did.

"You have to, I made it," I said and she looked up with a smile. It was as if she wasn't expecting it.

"Really? Then, I'll have it." She moved her hand in a little rush, but suddenly she yelped in pain.

"You were injected, don't rush. Let me." I said and she slowly settled her hand down and I picked up the saucer, on which I had placed the bowl.

I filled the spoon with the porridge and blew upon it, to cool it down. Then carried the spoon towards Kiera's mouth.

She looked at me, shocked by my actions. She opened her mouth as I finally fed her and small tears filled her eyes.

"Still hot?" I asked and she shook her head. She sniffled.

"It's been such a ride with you. I never pictured that you'll take care of me like this." She muttered and I couldn't understand what went in her brain.

"Why wouldn't I? You're my...friend." I said with a little struggle. She nodded eagerly with a smile.

Her nod made me a little confused. It made me think, of she would ever reciprocate my feelings or she thought me as a friend only.

"I know. Feed me faster, I'm suddenly a lot hungry. And this is very tasty." She said and pointed at her mouth. I nodded and fed her, increasing my speed and forgot other thoughts.

She soon finished the soup. I gave her the tablets that were prescribed after the meal. She took it and went back to sleep.

Even I was glad that she was recovering, a part of me wondered would I be able to tell her how I felt after she'd recover?

A sudden feeling of fear had evaded my mind. Fear of losing Kiera, if she didn't feel the same as me. I huffed and shook my head. 

I knew feelings meant internal struggle and internal trouble. I had no way out than confessing.

I had to deal with this through, having no one fighting with me but myself. I was determined but also insecure.

Once Kiera slept, I caressed her forehead. The feeling of her hair on my palm felt great. I was liking how my hand moved in her hair, even for that short period.

"Sleep well," I said and backed off. I picked up the tray and left her room, to let her rest peacefully.

-----

Today was New Year's eve, a year after opening our new club and the first time from when I had met Kiera for the first time. Thinking back to it, we had come a long way by now.