Chapter Six

Syllable For The Day - 'Careful'

-----

KIERA'S POV

Three months later...

"James! Blake!" I yelled and I called out for them. It was the start of August and the day today was indeed good and not very hot. I saw my belly and it was rounder than what it was.

I and the baby were doing well. Today we had our regular appointment and the doctor will tell us the gender. I was excited and I wanted it to be a girl.

"I want to know the gender soon! Can you be a little faster?!" I yelled standing slowly. James came rushing to me looking well.

"Can you calm down a bit, woman? You've been on our tails for the past few months." He said and fixed his watch on the wrist as if he did nothing or said so harsh words.

"Did you say that?" I cried as tears flew down my face. James looked at me worried and tried to come closer to me but I pushed him away.

"Don't you dare come close to me since I've been troubling you!" I hit his shoulder and pushed him away. Blake came and hugged me.

"Little Momma, don't be sad. You know James is stupid and doesn't have a brain. He was just teasing you. I can hit him if you want." Blake said soothing me and rubbing my back.

"Hit him! Not like bedroom one, though." I mentioned and sniffled. James's eyes widened and Blake flicked his nose. I let out a laugh.

"I hope that's okay." I nodded and clapped excitedly.

"Laugh when your brother is getting abused. How mean!" James said and I flashed him my tongue.

"How mature!" Blake dragged James away and made funny faces to tease him. I had a call from Eva so I answered.

"Era, come down. How long am I to wait?" She said and I realized that she was indeed waiting for the past ten minutes.

"I'm telling you James is worst than me. I was ready even though I'm pregnant." I said and Eva laughed.

"Guys, she's waiting. Let's go now!" I said and walked towards the fridge. James and Blake both gave me looks as I walked in the opposite direction of the door.

"What? I might get hungry." I picked out vitamin powdered orange juice, two apples, Nutella sandwiches that I had prepared before, and lastly leftover pizza slice.

"Era, let the slice go, we'll get a fresh one," Blake said and I grudgingly left the slice and walked to them.

"Let's go!"

-----

"I told you we would have a girl, you didn't listen!" I teased James. We were going to have a princess and everyone was happy.

"Hope she doesn't have your traits and we shall be fine." He snorted.

"I hope he doesn't have yours, either!" I retorted back.

"So, she must have all of my traits?" Blake asked and we all turned to him and yelled at his face,

"No!" He was startled and drove the car to Target. We had to buy things as I was already seven months pregnant.