Chapter Eleven

Syllable For The Day - 'Scared'

-----

ALAN'S POV

When back to my room, I was exhausted. Everyone had already finished dinner and must've already slept. I was working overtime for a project.

I went and took a shower. I came out and dressed in my night suit. I was about to go down when I heard a scream close to me.

I rushed to see Kiera running out and the moment she saw me, she jumped on me. My both hands in the air and she clung onto me. I was frozen.

"Help! There is a flying cockroach in my room!" She squealed as she held tightly onto me. I gulped, trying to come out of the shock.

"Calm down," I said to her trying to get her down from my body. I never had much contact with any other body.

"I can't. I'm scared of it." I heard her sniffles.

"Let me see," I said to her and she nodded but she wouldn't move. I tried to calm my loud beating heart.

It felt like my heart was in a different struggle.

"Can you...get down?" I breathed the words out of my mouth. She removed her head from my neck and I saw her face was struck with tears.

My hand involuntarily went near her cheeks to wipe away the tears but paused in the middle. Her green eyes were gazing into my brown ones.

She suddenly jumped down and wiped her tears, hurriedly. My hand turned into a fist in anger that my body betrayed me and was about to do something like that.

"I'm sorry." She muttered in a small voice and my fist was released. I nodded as I walked into her room, to check the insect that scared the leaving daylights out of her.

I found it. I took the broom and swat it at the insect and then threw it in the toilet and flushed it down.

I washed my hands thrice before I left the room. Kiera was still standing far away.

"It's now gone," I said to her and she nodded.

"Thank you and I'm sorry. I didn't mean to...invade into your private space like that. I'm. not that kinda person... it's just...I have a phobia of cockroaches and it was a flying one, which triggered me bad. I'm sorry." She muttered as her hands were moving fast, indicating that she was still nervous.

"It's okay, go to sleep. Night." I muttered and walked into my room immediately, leaving her alone.

Once I shut the door, I looked at my hands. My hands had moved on its own to wipe her tears. I had never in my life tried to do this activity but today.

It was odd how this woman was affecting my life, without even trying to do so. I sighed and laid down on my bed.

-----

Thoughts kept invading my mind. I woke up and picked up the jug to pour some water, but it was empty. I sighed.

I kept the jug and walked out of my room. I was about to go downstairs, but my eyes landed on a figure; sleeping figure to be accurate.

I walked towards the sleeping figure and realized it was Kiera. I gave her face another look. She looked peaceful but her hand kept moving showing that she was in distress too.

I walked to her room and brought her blanket. I put the blanket on her and tried to cover her as much as I could.

She snuggled into it and I had a small smile placed on my face. It was a smile that came on my face without me even realizing it.