Chapter Thirty-Seven

Syllable For The Day - 'Mine'

-----

ALAN'S POV

"I'm making some eggs and bacon. You want anything else?" Darcy asked as I strolled into the kitchen.

"Some fries. Era loves them." I said and my tongue slipped letting out the extra information.

"Such a lover boy. I'll make some fries, too, then." She said with a sly smirk and maintained my normal face.

"Kiera, darling come here," Darcy muttered and my eyes a tad-bit wide. I tried to maintain my normal posture and turned around.

No one was there. Darcy just made a fool out of me. I shut my eyes and turned around to glare at Darcy.

"Liar," I muttered and she smirked. Everybody seemed to enjoy making a fool out of me.

"Kiera, you seemed to have had a good sleep," Darcy said again. I gave her a blank look.

"Can't fool me twice," I said to her with a small smirk.

"Fool you? How?" I heard the very familiar voice that had captured my heart. My eyes widened and I scoffed at Darcy.

"Nothing," I muttered and walked out of the kitchen. My coffee was left in the kitchen and I sighed. I sat on the couch in a sulky mood.

"Here." I saw Kiera holding my coffee mug. She sat beside me. She seemed to be comfortable and I felt glad to see that.

"Thank you," I said and took the cup from her hands. I sipped my coffee feeling a refreshment surge through me.

"You can't do without coffee." She commented and sipped on her hot chocolate. Kiera loved the hot chocolate and she couldn't stop it.

"I know," I commented and we sat enjoying morning beverages. She switched on the TV and put some songs on YouTube.

"A party in the evening," I informed her while watching the TV.

"Really? Okay, then. I'll decide what movie to watch then." She muttered and I gave her a confused look.

"Why?" I questioned.

"Since you'll be going to the party, I need to have a movie to watch or I'll keep scrolling." She said and shrugged. I chuckled.

"We're going together." I commented and her mouth formed an 'o' in realisation.

"I don't have a dress." She said and pouted, looking straight at me.

"Alex and Grace will be here. Grace has all set." I informed and her face lit up with a smile.

"That's great. Grace knows everything so I won't make a fool out of myself...or you." I said and then looked away.

My hand moved on its own accord to her chin. I held her chin in my hand and made her look at me. I was surprised by my actions.

"Whatever that is, you are my fool," I said to her and slowly shock left her face as a blush covered her face.

"You really... can't just...make me blush like that!" She stuttered and then looked away. I let my hand down and controlled my emotions.

"Breakfast is ready." I heard Darcy yell from the kitchen. We both looked at each other and smiled. A content feeling settling inside me.

I loved how normal and perfect this was. I loved this routine, somehow. It made me feel like I could give Kiera the happiness she deserved.