Chapter Twenty-Four

Syllable For The Day - 'Liar'

-----

KIERA'S POV

"Leave," I recalled the scenario and remembered how he slammed his bathroom door as he went inside. The scene was replaying in my head even though it just passed.

That was the word I had heard after I found myself on Alan's bed, with a soup that he made for me making my heart flutter and lastly shoving a spoonful of hot soup in my mouth.

That was such a ride, God.

Shocked, heart flutter, worry, angry, now sad.

Finally blinking my eyes and recovering, I got up from his bed and walked out to my room. I saw Grace outside my door. I just shook my head before she could ask me anything.

I closed the door and went to my bed and fell on it. I wanted to stay quiet for a while.

I didn't know why Alan had rudely asked me to get out. That made me think of all the things I must've done to him because normally he was very reasonable, unlike me.

I didn't realise that I fell asleep again. I immediately jerked up and glanced at the time.

11.06 a.m.

Damn!

I took a quick shower and wore a pair of an olive green sweater with black jeggings. I tied my hair into a messy bun and applied some lip balm. With that, I wore my slippers and rushed down to the baby's room.

"Slow down, Kiera!" I heard Grace's loud voice and I looked at her, pausing in my place. I nodded walked down with a slower speed.

"Why rush?" Grace asked as she cradled Ethan. I walked towards Tristan's crib.

"I overslept," I answered and she smiled at me.

"You were sick. It's okay if you overslept for a bit. You need to recover before working." She said and I hummed half-heartedly.

"Why are you so glum? I thought you'd be very cheerful." Grace asked and I released a big sigh. She must've thought that something good must've happened since she had seen me leave Alan's room in the morning.

"Cheerful? There was nothing to be cheerful about." I answered and sat on the sofa. Grace followed my cue and sat beside me.

"What? Didn't Alan get you the soup he made himself standing in the kitchen?" Grace questioned and I nodded.

"Please elaborate or I'm losing my mind." She muttered and I explained the entire situation that had occurred. From the moment I woke up to the moment I ran out of the door when she had seen me.

"God, Kiera! What have you done?" She face-palmed herself. She seemed to have some control over her and explain things to me.

"I didn't do anything. I was worried about him. What if he got sick again?" I immediately justified myself. She shook her head.

"You two are alike than you can think. He was worried for you, too. That's the reason he put his efforts and made the soup. It's not just soup. He never takes huge efforts so small ones are counted as huge itself." Grace explained and I felt bad.

"I get it. But I didn't know why he sounded angry and asked me to leave like that." I was a little pissed and my tone gave it away a little. 

"Kiera, Alan is not a simple guy and that is something you already know. He has an acknowledgement issue." She gave me a piece of new information and I gave her a confused look.