Chapter Ten

Syllable For The Day - 'Sleep'

-----

ALAN'S POV

My eyes were locked on her. I finally looked down to see that Tristan's sleeve was stuck in my cufflink and since he wasn't able to move he cried.

"Help him, Kiera," Grace said from the other side and Kiera nodded. She was trying to remove his hand that was stuck, but it was proving a little hard.

"First cut the cake then you can continue," Alex said and she nodded. The moment she pulled her hand away, Tristan started crying.

"Just hold," I said to her and she nodded turning a little red, probably from embarrassment.

We finally cut the cake and fed each other. Alex was ecstatic since after a long time we celebrated our birthday together. I was glad to be here with him, too.

"Okay, let's this cake get settled. We'll have dinner ready now." Grace announced and they all had walked to where the dinner tables were set.

"I'm sorry for troubling you. Just hold on a second." Kiera said to me and I nodded.

She finally slowly untangled the thread from my cufflink and freed Tristan's hand. This little devil had caused trouble on the first day she was here.

"It's okay, now. Come on here, we'll get some water." She said while cooing Tristan. He nicely wrapped his tiny arms around her neck and found comfort.

If only it was that easy.

-----

It was only normal that I had trouble falling asleep because of the events that happened in the evening. I sighed.

The starry sky wasn't helping me sleep. I woke up feeling the need to get out of the room. When I was about to open the door, I heard footsteps. Curiosity got the best out of me and I walked out.

I walked towards the mini patio on the same floor. A figure was sitting on the swing. I walked and saw the figure was none other than Kiera.

The moonlight illuminated her face and she looked serene. I looked at her and she was wearing a huge tee and had fluffy slippers.

I cleared my throat and she suddenly turned to me.

"Goodness! I was scared!" She said as put a hand on her mouth trying to calm herself down.

"Apologies," I said feeling bad for scaring her. She nodded and sat down on the swing. I sat on the side chair.

"Can't sleep?" I asked and a realization hit me that I was the one who opened the conversation. I gulped down feeling that I was the one taking steps further.

"Hmm. I'm not used to sleeping in new places and this is completely foreign to me. How come you aren't asleep? Did I bother you? If I did, I'm so sorry. It wasn't my intention and really..." She kept on saying.

"No!" I said in a little louder voice and she paused giving me sheepish looks.

"Are you hungry?" She asked all of a sudden.

"No."

"Thirsty?"

"No."

"Insomniac?"

"No."

"Why do I have a deja vu feeling about this?" She asked suddenly. A small cough escaped my throat.