Chapter Twenty-Eight

Syllable For The Day - 'Worry'

-----

ALAN'S POV

I realised that I had fallen asleep like that itself, holding the picture in my arms. I kept the picture where it was usually kept and freshened up into my night suit.

I had no intention of going back to a party which had now become meaningless to me since my mind was lost in other thoughts.

I looked at the side to see the black gloves with touchpads on the fingertips. The 'A&K' written in white at the bottom of the glove, my wrist, as I wore them.

My thoughts landed on Kiera whom I had left after a peck. I wondered what she was thinking.

Then I realised that Kiera knew no one and I should've been the one to keep her company.

I called Kiera but her phone was ringing but she didn't answer. I got up and walked to her room while I called her again.

I heard her phone ring and then I realised it was useless to call her anymore. I called Grace. She took the call after two attempts.

"Grace, where is Era?" I asked directly to the point. She didn't reply to anything for a while and then I realised that she must be looking for her.

"She is nowhere in the party. I think she must be in her room." She said and my eyebrows scrunched.

"Not here," I answered immediately.

"I don't know then. The party is almost ending now. So, I have to attend them. Let me know when you find her." I hummed and hung up the call.

I went back to my room and sat down, feeling worried about Kiera and thinking about where she could go at this night.

It was late and it was cold.

She normally informed someone before leaving. And she was a responsible woman like that.

I decided to let her be since she might have gone to visit her best friend Eva. Blake had taken a leave to visit his in-laws, apparently. So, Eva was the one.

Since I now had a hint where Kiera must've been, I felt a sudden relief flow through me. But in the back of my mind, I worried about not having a confirmation.

I settled into my bed and pulled the covers and I heard my phone ring. I was quickly alerted thinking it must've been Kiera.

I immediately saw and it turned out to be Blake.

"Yes?" I questioned as I answered the call.

"Hello, Mr Chadwick. I'm sorry to disturb you at this night but I didn't know who to contact." He said, worry laced in his voice. I sat up straight.

"What is it?" I asked him straight to the point.

"I...Eva called me saying that some commotion happened between her and Era. I couldn't get a hold on Era and I don't have Mrs Chadwick's number, either. And I know that you are friends with Era. Can you let me talk to her?" He asked after he explained everything in a rush.

"She is not home yet," I answered as I stood up and grabbed my coat since I knew what to do next.

"Please do me a favour and look for her. Let me know when you find her. I'll send you Eva's address since she must be on the way home. Please." He requested. I knew how much he cared for Kiera.

"Not a favour. She is my friend, too. I'll find her." I told him and he thanked me many times.

"Please call or text me when you find her." Hearing his final request, I hummed in agreement and hung up the call.