Chapter Nine

Syllable For The Day - 'Screwed'

-----

KIERA'S POV

Three Weeks Later...

I had decided it would be best to call Grace and ask about the position of Nanny. I had very well prepared myself to start working and I was fine, not completely but I could work.

I was almost back in shape, except my breast that still milked. I decided it would be best if I start working to be able to move on better.

"Hey, Grace!" I said on the call after she received the call. We talked about my work and everything.

"Are you sure? It's too soon to meet everyone." I said when she told me to start on the day her kids turned one-year-old.

"It would be better if I introduce to the families at once. It will save a lot of trouble for everyone. Our families are used to visiting us a lot and if they all see you and be sure who you are, it'd be helpful." She said and I had my thoughts and insecurities.

"Will they reject me if they don't think I'm capable?" I asked her on the spot because I'd be scared thinking that.

"No! My goodness, how did you even think that? It's just that I want everyone to see your face and know who exactly is going to be the Nanny. It's for safety purposes. Your job is secured." She said and relief flew through me.

"Oh, I see. Then it's okay. I'll come." I agreed and sat on the sofa with a cup of milk in my hand.

"Send me your address, Dylan will come to pick you up at 11.00 a.m." She informed me. Finally, we both hung up. I also sent her the address.

Last two days in this house.

-----

Today was the 13th of November. The atmosphere was indeed on the colder side though not very cold. I liked it. It was about to be 11.00 a.m. I had packed everything.

"So, you're taking this job and are sure to stay there?" James asked again. This question wasn't changing from the last two days.

"Yes, J. Stop bothering me. Grace is my friend and her husband is Blake's Boss. What could go wrong?" I had already told him all the relationships but still, he was so scared.

"I know. Blake gave me a good word on his Boss. But I'm still your elder brother and have every right to be concerned knowing you'd be staying there." He said sternly. Blair started crying.

James picked her up and tried to coo her, but she wasn't calming down. I took her from his arms and cooed her down. She became quiet.

"I told you, you need to be calm to get her to be calm. And don't worry, I trust my friend. Some other maids and servants also stay in the mansion. Be calm. And I'll take care of myself and come to meet you whenever I get a holiday." I said as I handed a smiling Blair in his arms.

"I'll remember. And call me if you have any problems. Boss or not, I'll always fight if you need help." He said in all seriousness and I nodded.

I got a missed call from Grace and I knew Dylan was downstairs.

"I gotta go. I love you both." I kissed James's and Blair's cheek before finally leaving for the job that was going to give me a good life.

-----

I was a nervous hell as I got down the car at the mansion. Dylan took out my two suitcases and lured them inside. I wasn't this nervous when I had last come here, but now I was.