Epilogue

The last Syllable - Ever-After

-----

ALAN'S POV

One Month Later...

We were back in New York. Kiera and I stayed in the mansion like we used to before.

"Don't you dare say anything Alan!" Kiera warned me. It wasn't my fault that the first time we happened to make love, Kiera ended up getting pregnant.

Her results had delivered just now and we found out about it. Grace had already warned me how pregnancy had various effects.

"It wasn't my fault." I defended and she glared at me.

"Heard that Grace? I made the baby all on my own." She taunted and Grace just chuckled.

"Let me," I said to Grace and she left the room.

"Era, are you not happy?" I asked her. I didn't want to pester her with this responsibility if she wasn't ready. We hadn't planned for this.

"I'm... I'm happy, ecstatic, to be honest. It's just...We didn't get many times to have sex!" She muttered looking away and I smiled at her.

"Era, don't be upset." I coaxed her. She looked down but walked towards me and hugged me tightly. I caressed her hair.

"Can I ask you something?" She looked up, staying in the hug. I nodded.

"Can you take me to visit Sierra?" She asked me and I was blank for a moment. She had never demanded anything like this.

"Let's go," I said and she smiled.

-----

"Here, Sierra." I pointed at Sierra's tomb and Kiera sat on her knees, touching the tombstone.

"It must be a hobby of mine to visit graveyards when I'm pregnant." She joked. I remembered I had met her there and she had a big belly.

"Hi, Sierra. I never met you but I could tell you were a wonderful person. I know how it was between you and Alan. I promise you that I'll take care of him. I'll never let any harm come to him. I want to tell you that we're going to have a baby soon. I wish you'd look upon the baby from the sky. Thank you for understanding Alan when no one did. Thank you. I'll always remember and respect you." Kiera expressed her feelings and I felt proud of her.

"You heard, I hope. Stay happy, Sierra. Thank you." I said as I touched the tombstone, caressing softly.

We both stood up and Kiera wrapped her arms around me from the side.

"You know...I once met a guy when I was sitting by the tree. I told him I'll see him if I ever meet him again. He seemed to be in the same pain as me but I never got a chance to see him." Kiera told me her story.

My mind clicked on the day when I had a similar experience. Thinking back to the words, it was Kiera. I remember the woman telling me her name was 'K'.

I smiled.

"Don't need to meet him. You already agreed to marry him." I confessed to her and she looked up at me, a surprised expression on her face.

"You...you were the one? You were that 'A'? My God!" She exclaimed and I chuckled. The coincidences felt like fate.

"You comforted me even before you knew me," I said to her and gave a soft peck on her forehead.

"I'm glad. Thank you for making me meet him, Sierra." She said looking down and smiled.

"Thank you," I whispered. The little guilt that I had left with, washed away knowing it was Sierra's wish and she had made us meet.