Chapter Four

Syllable For The Day - 'Sensible'

-----

KIERA'S POV

I woke up with a pounding head. I gave a sudden jerk to my head wanting to get rid of this pain, but it indeed didn't work for me. I held my head as it throbbed.

"It won't go if you keep holding it." I heard a loud banging voice. I opened my eyes a little just to see Blake with a tray.

"Blakey, be a little soft, will you?" I muttered with a hoarse voice. I picked up the glass and drank it, letting the cool liquid make my throat feel better.

"Be glad, I'm giving you pills and food. James has been blasting out since night. I've been taking care of his anger for you." He said as he handed me the juice and pills. I had the pill and let it work.

"Go get a bath and have this. Come out when you are fine." He said and I nodded.

-----

After 2 hours, I was completely fine. It was 4 o'clock in the afternoon. I walked out in my PJs. I went to the refrigerator and pulled out a milk carton as I drank some.

"You be glad I'm not gonna blast on you since Blake had asked me not to," James said to me and I pouted as I wiped milk remains from my face. 

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to be so reckless. I just wanted one night out since tomorrow we'll be going to the doctor." I said with a pout still attached to my face.

"Your pout isn't going to put you out this time, Kiera. You know how risky it was. Do you even have any idea when your phone was answered by a stranger, how worried I was?!" James yelled and my face turned into a perplexed face.

"What do you mean? Wasn't Eva the one who brought me here?" I asked suddenly on full alert mode.

"No. Eva wasn't even with you. An unknown man lifted your call. He dropped you down with the guard. He left before I could even thank him. The fact that he was a good man who dropped you well, or you had passed out. Kiera, such incidents worry me. I'm your elder brother and seeing you be so irresponsible, how am I supposed to deal with this?" James yelled at me. I put my head down.

"I'm sorry. I thought Eva was with me and she was the one who brought me here. I don't even recall the man's face. I don't know how will I ever thank him for his kindness." I said as I tried to recall anything from last night but failed terribly.

"His jacket was left with you. It's in your room." He said and I rushed to the room and found the black velvet suit jacket. I touched it, feeling the softness of the material. I smelled the jacket and it had a very addicting perfume. 

I looked at the jacket once again and just hugged it. I wanted to remember the man and at least be able to thank him, but nonetheless, I was going to keep this jacket as a piece of remembrance of the face of my unknown savior.

-----

We were at the doctor's today. He told us I'll have to go through various tests to check if I was capable of this procedure. I was hoping all to go well.

I had gone through the tests and the results will come out in a few days. Until then I had to just rest. I, James, and Blake retreated back home.

It was dinner time when we all three sat down to have food.

"I'll go back to my place tomorrow morning," I informed them and James looked up at me. He then looked at Blake and they had a small eye message game before James sighed.