Chapter Eighteen.

Syllable For The Day - 'Sorry'

----

KIERA'S POV

"Alan, I'm so sorry," I said the moment we stepped out. It was a delightful evening.

I might sound bitchy but sometimes people had to be shown to their places. It was better if they knew that they weren't that important, like they used to, anymore.

"Why?" He asked and I gave him a genuine smile since the entire evening I had been fake smiling 99% of the time.

"For being so nice and being my accomplice in the lie. I feel like I used you and your name, and this feeling is not good. I might have shown off a little...too much." I said with a sheepish smile.

Alan chuckled.

"Cute." He said and his eyes widened just a little, but the shock was visible on his face. My face turned red.

"Alan! Kiera! Let's go." Grace called in. I nodded absent-mindedly and walked towards the car that the valet boy had brought out.

Jessica and Ryan finally came out and my face changed back to the fake one I had been doing the whole evening.

"Kiera, hope to see you at our wedding," Jessica muttered still eyeing Alan. I wished she had some shame.

"Do send the invitation. If Alan happens to have time, we'll come." I said with another one of my famous fake smiles and she mirrored my actions.

"We'll leave now. Bye." I said and pulled Alan towards our Ferrari.

Alan opened the door for me and I sat in. He walked towards the driver's side and sat. I noticed Jessica's pale face.

I waved at her with a huge smile.

"Alex's Ferrari idea paid off," I said turning towards Alan and let out a huge fit of laughter. Alan did laugh too, just a small one but it was more than anything.

-----

"I'm tired as hell!" I muttered as I was about to fall on the bed. Alan gave me a look and I sneered at him.

"After being so nice, here comes the neat you!" I yelled at him and he chuckled. I sat on the chair.

"Fresh up. We have to leave." He said and I nodded.

Originally, we had one more day to stay but because of the deal on hold we have to return and I was not at all sad about it.

I was completely content.

Also, end of the day, the lie I was going to tell Jessica that we we're to leave tonight came to be true. I just chuckled thinking about it.

"I know. Let me have a bath and wear some comfy clothes then I'll pack and maybe even help you later." He nodded and I picked out a hoodie and a pair of denim shorts for the travel.

-----

I wore my clothes and exited the bathroom. Alan was in the balcony. I walked to him and was about to call out his name when I heard my name from his mouth.

"...helped Kiera. I complimented her." He said and then I realised he was on a call.

"Arm linked. Stood next to each other. Also... dress zip." He said on the call. My eyes widened.

"Alan!" I yelled loudly. He turned to me with shocked eyes. He was about to say something but I immediately exited the room and ran to Grace's room.