Chapter Thirty-Nine

Syllable For The Day - 'Hold'

-----

KIERA'S POV

"Okay, we are doomed," I muttered to Alan as we saw the news. I was suddenly feeling like a deer in the headlights.

"Can...can I... I'll stay in my room for some time," I said and left immediately to my room and locked it.

I wanted to stay alone for some time. I was glad that Alan didn't come and knock. I wanted to think through.

My phone rang. I didn't want to answer but it was James. I couldn't go without answering. I needed to collect my thoughts but my brother would be helpful or so I hoped.

"James..." I muttered and suddenly tears flew down my eyes. I felt so scared that it clearly reminded me of the day we were thrown out of the house.

"Era, don't cry." James comforted me. I sniffled.

"James, do...are you angry over this relationship? I...I am serious with Alan. I love him a lot. He is very serious, too. This is...not a fling. I don't understand how to clear all this. I...I didn't think I'll be exposed like this." I said and sighed and wiped my tears.

The thought that everyone thought how everything was fake or just a fling. Being called a fling wasn't something to worry about, but no one could handle when the whole world thinks that way.

This will escalate and then I'll be even called a golddigger. I was just a normal person who wasn't expecting this to happen to me.

"Era, calm down. I believe you. I didn't call to yell at you but I've been trying to call you for hours now. I have known this news for hours now and Blake has made me understand everything. I just wanted to know how you were holding up." James said and I sniffled again.

"Thank you so much, James. Your support means a lot to me. I couldn't have done this without you." I said to him as a small smile set on my face.

The world wasn't my main concern, my family was. James supporting me was already a big thing to me. That meant he trusted Alan with me.

"You supported me when I was with Blake. You walked out with me when I was thrown out. You...you bore me my baby. I would never do something that would hurt you, Era. If this ever hurts you, I won't take a moment to take you back to me." James said and I knew that our bond was very strong.

I knew what James meant to me was the same as I meant to him. I knew even if the world was against me but I had James with me, I could fight everything and everyone.

"I'll talk to you later. I have to comfort someone else." I said to him and he hummed. I quickly hung up the call and threw my phone on the bed. I walked out to find the other person who was affected by this news.

"Who did this? Blacklist them." I heard Alan's voice. He seemed to be in his room. I rushed to him and pulled his phone and put it to my ear.

"Don't," I said immediately.

"Don't what?" I recognised it being Alex's voice.

"Alex, don't do anything right now. Just...leave it be. I have something to do before I tell you, what you have to do." I said to him as I looked up at Alan's confused face.