Chapter Thirteen

Syllable For The Day - 'Friend'

-----

KIERA'S POV

After everything passed through, it was declared that I and Alan were to share a room.

With the look on Alan's face, he was clearly uncomfortable. I, on the other hand, had mixed feelings.

I had grown up with a brother, so I was used to a male presence in one room. And it seemed like James was very and only used to male presence. Hah.

Apart from all the jokes, when times were bad, I had to stay with him to support him as he always counted on me.

I never want to repeat those days and now he has Blake for everything. Also, our little princess Blair.

Looking at Alan, I knew he wasn't a very open person. He wasn't just private, but a lot more than that. He wasn't even open with his family members.

I just didn't know how the days would pass.

Once we settled in a room that was really large, I sat on the bed, because once again I was tired because of jet-lag. I looked at Alan.

"Alan, you really don't mind sharing your space with me, right? We'll be like amazing roomies for the upcoming days." I said with a smile and put my hand up for a high-five.

He gave me and my hand a good look when he finally came over and high-fived me, rather very awkwardly. I laughed and stood up.

"The is not how to high-five. Hold your hand up." I told him, showing him how. He copied my movements and I gave a big splash on his hand with mine.

"This is the sound of high-five. Now you know." I said with a big smile and he looked at his hand but I didn't know what he was thinking. I chuckled and walked to the bathroom.

At this moment, it was already past 12 a.m here. The time difference was huge.

"I'll take a shower, then you go. Okay?" He nodded. I went to my suitcase and pulled out my knee-length cotton nightdress suit with fruits printed all over it.

I glanced around the bathroom and it felt like gold to me. Such lavish creation of it was awe in itself. I could even sleep in the bathroom, it was that big.

Leaving my excitement at the bay, I took a bath and washed my hair with the really expensive body wash and shampoo. I finished it quickly, so Alan could also take a bath and freshen up.

"Hey, you can go now." I voiced loudly. I casually walked out. I saw Alan walk inside the bathroom and I turned away.

I finally took a good glance around the room, which was really spacious. It also had a private pool. I loved it. I never once thought that I'd live in a room like this, so gorgeous.

It was like a dream come true.

I checked the refrigerator and it was filled with alcohol and everybody knew how costly it was. So, leaving all my temptations aside, I pulled the bottle of water and gulped it down. Even the water felt different, maybe because of the cost.

I laughed at my thoughts and settled down.

-----

When Alan came out of the bathroom, he was decent and full-clothed. I felt glad that he wasn't an illogical guy but a pretty decent one at that.

"Have glasses?" Was the first question he had and then I realised he never saw me in my reading glasses.

"Yeah," I muttered as resettled my glasses properly, feeling shy.