Chapter Twenty-Two

Syllable For The Day - 'Painful'

-----

KIERA'S POV

The moment I entered the room, I sneezed. I knew I'd catch a cold if I won't take precautions. I looked at the watch, it was almost 6.00 a.m.

I went to take a warm bath, that will heal my body. Once I was all better, I dressed up in one of my long tees and went back to sleep.

-----

I woke up at 8.00 a.m as my alarm rang loudly. I splashed some water on my face and freshened up a bit. I wore a sweater and leggings, with a beanie on my head.

It was too cold today.

I made some baked chicken crunchies for the babies. As usual, I made a few extras in case anyone wanted to eat.

I went and checked on Tristan because he had a slight fever last night. I still remembered last night,

Flashback

I couldn't believe I forgot to get the jug again.

I cursed myself as I got up from my good sleep. I put my warm bunny slippers and walked out of my room.

After I drank water and was going upstairs, I remembered Tristan hadn't had his dinner well. I walked to their room.

He was crying slowly. I rushed to him and touched his body only to feel that his forehead was a little warmer.

I took the medicine for fever and made him have some. I cradled him in my arms and tried to get him to sleep.

He was still crying so I took him out of his room and walked out of the room. Unconsciously, I reached the balcony of our floor.

I sat on the swing and cradled him.

He seemed to have fallen asleep but in the same inertia, I fell asleep.

Next, when I was in consciousness, Alan was beside me, instead of Tristan being in my arms.

End of flashback

I still remember how fast my heart was beating when I woke up to Alan's handsome face.

I would never forget the feeling. 

Coming back to Tristan, he seemed fine now. I was glad I had woke up or his fever could've increased a lot in the whole night.

I bathed and fed both, Ethan and Tristan. It took me a lot of time since Grace hadn't come yet. I took both of them down in their twin's stroller, with the help of the elevator.

As I reached down, I saw Mrs Chadwick. I smiled and greeted her.

"Hello, Mrs Chadwick." She nodded.

"Hello. How is everything with my grandsons?" She asked as she picked up Ethan and cradled him in her arms.

"Both are fine. Tristan had a little fever last night, but I gave him medicine, and now he's better." I told her and she got worried.

"That's good news." She kept Ethan down and picked up Tristan and talked to him in a baby voice.

"Where is Grace?" She asked me and before I could answer, Grace's voice was heard. I looked at her direction and Alex was walking with her.

I wondered what was Alan doing yet. He normally came down by now.

"Mom, I'm here. Alex was being difficult since morning. He's got some meeting and wouldn't stop worrying." She muttered and greeted me and the babies.