Chapter Seventeen

Syllable For The Day - 'Era'

-----

ALAN'S POV.

I was ready in a nice attire consisting of a white shirt, white trousers and a suit jacket. It was simple yet it showed who the Boss was.

I sat in the room and waited for Kiera to finish her business. I checked my watch and she was indeed taking longer than expected.

"Kiera, faster," I said a little louder so Kiera could hear me in the bathroom and pay some heed to my words.

"That's sounded dirty, Alan!" I heard her giggle and I mentally face-palmed myself.

Sometimes, I felt I was stupid or people were too smarter on the wrong side. I never really get how people can misunderstand such small statements.

"Dirty-minded person," I commented and sat on the bed.

"Heard that! Well, since you're the one being impatient, help me." She came out of the bathroom.

She had a simple emerald green dress that matched my suit jacket. It was Grace's idea about this matching couple outfits.

Kiera looked pretty.

What am I even thinking?!

I shook my thoughts away.

"Grace was supposed to come and help me, but your impatient ass... I meant...impatient... ness can't be patient. Heh." She muttered and I heard what she meant.

But instead of getting annoyed, I wanted to laugh. She wasn't treating me like someone who was helping her, covering up a lie; over grateful, but was being herself.

The way she was genuine felt a breath of fresh air. It felt like that warm breeze in winter that we craved for.

"What?" I asked her once I had arranged my brain and it's thoughts well.

"The zip." Muttering those words, she turned her back towards me and pulled all her hair to one side.

I was frozen in my spot.

"Kier..." I tried to forms words but I was still processing the entire scenario that just happened.

"Stop being shy and help me fast. My hands are already aching." She hurried me.

She was just two steps away, but it felt like the most difficult two steps in my life.

"Alan, faster." She mocked me and I wanted to glare her.

I took two immediate steps and my hands moved forward. They were indeed shaking. I took in a deep breath and calmed myself down.

You're a businessman who handled difficult deals, a zip is nothing in comparison. I motivated myself.

Confidently, I stretched my hand outwards and held the zip in my hands and tried to pull it up, but failed.

"Just zip it how you zip your pant!" Kiera yelled as she felt the zip hadn't moved.

"What?" An immediate response left my mouth because I was shocked as she yelled at me.

"Hold the zipped part down and pull the zip with your other hand." She said and I made a mental note of it.

I did what she asked and the zip seemed to have moved easily. I felt confident.

I pulled up the zip in a speed that I didn't realise that I finished zipping it and in the inertia, my hand glided up and two of my fingers touched her bare skin.