Chapter Eight

Syllable For The Day - 'Boundaries'

-----

ALAN'S POV

I had known that Grace and Alex would visit Sierra, so I had decided to go later. I wanted to have some alone time with Sierra. The day felt gloomy as if reminding me that I had lost an important person. 

I picked out the freshest white lilies since Sierra loved them. Once at the graveyard, my heart was feeling the loss as usual. I walked further to see one woman who has indeed haunted me this entire year. Kiera.

Her belly was huge and she was sitting on the ground. She immediately looked up at me and... smiled? 

Did she remember that she had stolen a kiss from me on the New Year's eve?

"Mr.Chadwick, can you please help me up?" She asked me with a smile. I was only staring at her, unable to comprehend how to face her, now that she recognized me.

"Know me?" I asked her, wanting to confirm my doubts.

"Didn't you just see me with Grace? She introduced us, didn't she?" She asked with a questioning face. I blinked my eyes twice as I realized she thought I was Alex. 

"Can you?" She asked me again and I nodded. My mind was jumbled on how I would help her. I looked at her and then decided it would be best if I held her by her arms and help her up. 

I did what I had planned and it all went perfect until she decided to slip and I had to hold her. I held her tightly, scared if she fell, and would be hurt. Her breathing was heavy as well, as she was shocked, too.

"Thank you. My leg is numb." She looked up and smiled. I nodded at her statement.

I picked up her bag from the ground and guided her out, to where I knew my car was parked. I asked her to hold the sleeve of my suit jacket. I couldn't handle this touch more. I opened the door and let her in and put on the air conditioner. 

"Five minutes," I muttered to her as I walked away seeing her nod.

I went back to the grave which I had come to visit. One of the lilies was a bit crushed in this whole ordeal. I sat on my knees as I placed those flowers with a few others that Grace and other family members had left.

"Sierra, I'm sorry. The flowers were crushed unintentionally. Guide me to the path I should take. I don't know if I should talk about her, to you. But she has been lurking in my path. It's odd. Sierra, I wished you wouldn't have left me. You made me comfortable and relieved. Thank you. God let me be happy for only that amount of time. It's okay. I'll come to visit you again. Be happy like always." I said to her.

My mind was haywire. I was becoming a mess. I didn't want to lose my control like this. It worried me. I let out a deep sigh.

I gave one last glance at her name on the tombstone and finally left. 

-----

I drove away as I left Kiera at her place. She was rather calm but my heart was on overdrive. After speeding through the laneway, I finally pulled my car on the curb. 

I held the steering wheel tightly. My knuckles were white. I pulled them back and remembered Kiera had held my hand and made me touch her belly. I held my hair frustratedly as I pulled them feeling the nerves of my entire body spike up. 

I closed my eyes, but it still was the same. I knew where to go and I drove.

-----