Chapter Twenty-Nine (Part Two)

Note: This is part two (today's second chapter) Don't forget to check out the first part.

-----

Syllable For The Day - 'Feelings'

-----

ALAN'S POV

Help.

Something that meant a lot to me. Unable to help somebody is the worst feeling ever. Already in my life, I had lost the two most important opportunities to help someone. I didn't want that to happen again. 

In a way, it always felt like whenever I did something, I was making up for those two times but I know and the heaven knows I can't ever completely make it up. 

But when I did it for Kiera, I always tried my best to help her, too. Not to repay but because in my heart I liked it whenever she took my help and I didn't want to disappoint her.

Unknowingly, Kiera had covered my mind. She reminded me of Sierra in a different way. Sierra and she were too different but few traits matched.

I looked at Kiera, but it was only her that I was seeing. At the start, glimpses of Sierra were what I could see, but now it was only Kiera.

What was this?

I felt a constricted feeling in my heart. Kiera's current condition, not just physical but also the mental battle she was having, was making me ache. I didn't ever want her to be in this state again.

Why was my heart aching for her?

What was the reason?

I was trying to find the answer, but a small cough broke my reverie. My eyes immediately diverted to the source.

Kiera was coughing. Her eyes were open, but not completely. I put a hand on her back and pulled her up slowly.

I helped her with the water glass and she gulped down the water. Once she finished the entire glass, I put the glass away.

"Era," I just muttered to believe that she was awake. She blinked her eyes and I just pulled her to myself.

I just wanted to hold her and know that she was there with me. My eyes shut as I relished this new feeling. The warmth that flowed to me was like a cocoon that made me feel protected.

I had never felt this...this calmness and completeness by holding a person.

I felt strong.

I felt like I could let go of anything and anyone but this woman who was in my arms. I wanted to hold her and protect her from any pain, just like she always tried.

"Alan." I finally heard her mutter and my eyes opened. I realised that I was still holding Kiera in my arms. I didn't want to let go but I did.

It wasn't right for me to do this. I had no rights to cross her boundaries like this.

"I'm sorry," I muttered the moment I pulled away. I looked down to my hands which had committed a mistake.

Kiera held my wrists, where the sweater had covered my skin. She didn't touch my bare skin. Even in this state, she was being considerate about my condition.

"Why are you sorry? For being worried for me? Or for taking care of me?" She asked and I looked up at her. She had tears in her eyes.

"Why are you crying?" Her tears felt heavy to me. I didn't want her to cry. It was an odd heaviness on my heart.