Chapter Twenty-One

Syllable For The Day - 'Special'

-----

ALAN'S POV

I had just told or more like warned Kiera to never kiss or peck another man. I had no clue why I did that but I really had an uncomfortable feeling in my heart.

And Kiera always told me to tell her whenever I felt uncomfortable with something because she wanted me to comfortable.

There was a tight crushing feeling that I felt for the first time in my life. I couldn't describe that new feeling or even name it.

When Sierra was trying to help me, I didn't feel this way. I was in my comfort zone when I was Sierra but Kiera was pushing my limits, always. This felt too much.

I freshened up and laid down on my bed. The images of Kiera pecking another man kept flashing in my eyes. I had no idea why such things were happening and making me lose my sleep.

I groaned. I wanted to erase those images and I was restless to do so. But the problem, I had no clue how to do that.

I looked at the ceiling where the stars shined, just a little, but they did. It was supposed to be calming but it was frustrating me.

Because I felt it was taunting me.

We could look at the stars but not touch it or do anything to it. In the same way, those pecking images were still flashing and I couldn't do anything about it.

I sighed.

I decided I should give Billy a call and know why I had felt that constrict feeling in my heart.

I took my phone and walked to the balcony. Before I could make any call, I saw a figure sitting on the swing. I walked only to see Kiera dozing off and cradling Tristan, unconsciously.

I sat on the swing beside Kiera. As if she sensed me, she slowly put her head on my shoulder and let out a soft groan. Luckily, I had brought my phone with me. I called Alex.

"What?" His voice came hoarse and irritated. I had disturbed his precious sleep so this was expected.

"My floor balcony, take Tristan," I said and hung up the call.

A few moments later, footsteps were heard and I knew Alex was here. He came and sat on the chair on my side. I looked at him and he gave me a big smirk.

"Stop," I told him, but he wouldn't stop but widen his smile to the extent that his face couldn't take anymore.

"Brother, thinking about all the scenarios I thought I'd find you, this really is a bummer to me. It's like a future picture. You, your wife and a kid, how wonderful." He commented and I didn't feel the need to respond to it, so I didn't.

"Take Tristan back," I said to him and he hummed.

"Since you didn't deny, I can finally rest happy knowing that you've planned to have a family of your own," Alex commented and I rolled my eyes at him.

"I don't deserve so much of your expressions, Alan." He taunted and I gave him a blank face. He cleared his throat and stood up to take Tristan, but I paused him.

"My heart had felt uncomfortable," I said and Alex sat back on his seat.

"When and why?"

"Kiera kissed a guy." Alex's eyes widened more than mine did even when that event was taking place.