Chapter Two

Syllable For The Day - 'No!'

------

ALAN'S POV

"Alan, you think we can go far?" Sierra asked and I looked to her as we were walking side by side.

"If you want," I said to her and she smiled. I loved how she understood me even with my little to none verbals.

She held my hand and I felt nervous. I was not a touchy person and this was a new feeling or a very long lost feeling to me. I was trying to get accustomed to this warm feeling that I had never felt while I am aware of what it is. My hand was still frozen, but Sierra didn't seem to mind me not reciprocating her action. 

"I feel lucky to have met you. And I would want to try for us to have...a good future, I suppose. I'll be finishing my work period there, I'll move here so we can stay together, marry and have kids in the future." She said with a big smile and I just nodded with a small smile.

"We can do that," I told her as I was about to wrap my fingers when she pulled away and the last thing I saw was her on the road, bleeding to her death. She gave me one last look before she left this world, leaving me alone, once again.

I woke up to loud cries of my little devil nephews. I sighed. They were better than the alarms I used that sometimes failed to wake me up from my nightmares. 

Even though I wasn't keen on sharing a house, I felt just fine at Alex and Grace's mansion. I felt like I could be me over here, no need to pretend or try to fit in. Nobody gave me weird looks for my habits or asked me to talk more than I usually did. That's why I was okay about staying here and Grace was very convincing.

I took a shower and exited in casuals. I walked out of my room and went down. I was on the first floor where Grace and Alex's room was present. I knocked and entered but Grace didn't seem to notice me. I saw Grace feeding one of the babies and the other one was crying. 

"Grace." I made her known of my presence. She looked up and relief flew through her eyes.

"Alan, get Tristan to the bathroom and change his diaper. Ethan is feeding and he would start crying if I'll stop him now." She explained as she kept swaying and feeding Ethan.

"Alex?" I asked and she pointed towards the office. I took in a deep breath picked up the little devil and carried him to the bathroom. I kept him on the nappy-tray, as Grace had explained to me and Alex, once.

I first pulled the pair of gloves and put them on. I took a deep breath before finally opening the diaper. I coughed at the smell. I went ahead and found a clip at the counter. I put it on my nose and I felt better.

I put the dirty diaper in the bin. Took the wet wipes and wiped his rear, twice. I was trying to put a new diaper, but I couldn't figure out how. I was eyeing the diaper and Tristan was eyeing me. I looked like a fun toy to him as he started giggling.

"Welcome to the parenting world." I heard a voice and looked at the source, who was Alex. I just gave him a bored look and looked back at the diaper. He chuckled looking at me.

"You should thank me for keeping the clip here, that saved you," Alex said as he pushed me away. I pulled the clip from my nose and removed the gloves. Alex was putting the diaper without any gloves on and he was at ease even.

"You know?" I asked and he nodded, as he expertly put Tristan in his diaper. I washed my hands feeling icky, even though I had touched that with my gloves on.