Chapter Three

Syllable For The Day - 'Unimaginable'

-----

ALAN'S POV

I tried my best to avoid touching more people. I knew this was inevitable and I had prepared my mind for such a situation. I found the woman and she had another glass in her hand.

"Excuse," I said and she turned to me. As soon as she saw me, she gulped the entire drink and walked away. Weird much?

"Wait!" I yelled as I tried to catch up with her. I finally caught hold of her bracelet.

I didn't like skin to skin touching. With clothes in between, I was able to bear people. I knew why I felt like this, but touching felt like an intimate action to me, also a scary one.

I noticed we had come out of the back exit. It was still noisy but this place had fresh air.

The first thing I had agreed to come to this place was because it was beside a big river and there would be fireworks that Sierra had wanted to see. Maybe she wasn't here, but I would watch it for her.

"What is it?" She yelled and brought my attention back to her and I looked at her with my regular face. I looked down at my hand still holding her bracelet. I left it immediately.

"Things," I said as I removed her stuff to give them to her.

"Did you have botox on your face that you can't move your muscles?" She asked suddenly and came close to me. I stepped back. I put the stuff back in my pocket, not wanting to drop them.

"No." Instead of taking her stuff and leaving, she stepped towards me and I stepped back. I finally hit something on my back and I saw it was the railing.

"Still on that 'no' huh?!" She asked narrowing her eyes at me. I had to be calm about the situation and try to deal with her better, for my safety.

"Sorry. Name?" I asked her and she gave me a big glance but luckily didn't come any closer.

"Kiera." She said and my heart skipped a beat. It was so close to 'Sierra'.

"What is your name? It's only fair if I know." She said with a sudden 180° change in her mood. Women and drunken women.

"Alan." I decided it would be better if I just get her address and get a cab to send her home. I just needed to be patient with this task.

"That's a cute name. I like it. I can use it as a baby name if I have a boy in the future. Your name is cute, eyes are mesmerizing but your face is boring." She said and for the first time in my life, my eyes widened in shock.

"YOUR BOTOX IS OFF!" She squealed happily and hugged me tightly. My body was frozen due to this foreign contact with a stranger. My sense of closeness was twitching.

"Excuse me," I said a bit loudly so she could hear me and move away. I didn't want to touch her at the wrong places while pushing her away. I just wanted her to get off of, on her own. I was holding my breath.

She pulled back but her arms still on my neck. I tried to find her bracelet and found it. I held it with my thumb and first finger and tried to pull it off me when suddenly she tightened her hold.