Chapter Fourteen

Syllable For The Day - 'Comfortable'

-----

ALAN'S POV

I'll always remember this night.

Kiera had drunk a total of six glasses of Pinot Noir when she finally dropped on the sofa. I just looked at her face.

I couldn't believe that she was such a simple person. Whatever she had in her mind, she'd say or ask it away.

Just like how she asked to be friends with me or the way she asked me to just be comfortable myself or the way she asked me if I was comfortable with her.

She was just so simple.

"I'll try my best, friend," I said as I pulled out the glass from her hand and put it on the table. There were few more sips in the bottle, so I emptied it over.

I finally kept both the glasses away and kept the bottle in the stand.

I helped her to get into a sleeping position on the sofa, as she had decided to sleep there. I walked towards the bed and pulled out a pillow and the comforter.

First, I put on the comforter on her and then put the pillow down on the ground, just incase if she fell.

She let out a sound from her mouth as if she was really comfortable now. She snuggled into the comforter like a cat and I chuckled.

I walked to my phone and immediately dialled one number I knew would be glad to know the news.

"People are getting their much needed weekend sleep, Alan. Can you be a little considerate before calling me like this early in the morning on a Sun..." I cut off her huge unwanted rant.

"I made a friend."

"...day. When I really...What?! What did you say?! You made a friend?! Who is that person who made you agree from them to be your friend? Who came from heaven to..." I cut her again.

"Kiera," I said and stepped out in the balcony, where the moon shone brightly.

"...be your....Kiera?! Wow! Seriously?! Give me one second to breath." I said nothing but just stayed quiet.

"Yeah, I'm all settled like a professional, that I am, now. So, would you want to explain or say anything else than that?" She asked and I thought back.

"We talked. We drank. She asked. I accepted." I said it in a detailed manner.

"That was indeed....precise. Well, apart from that is there anything else?"

"She asked me to be comfortable," I told Billy and heard her gasp.

"And?"

"Asked me if I was comfortable with her," I told her.

"What did you say? Did you say you were not comfortable?" She asked me.

"No."

"They did you say you were comfortable with her?" She was expectantly waiting for my answer.

"No."

"Then what the hell did you say, Alan?!" She screamed in my voice.

"Tad-bit comfortable," I said in my normal voice while Billy was going crazy with her different tones.

"Wow! That's progress, Alan. Will you hold on to this feeling? Do you want to know more about this feeling and overcome its fear?" I took a moment to understand her question.