Chapter Seven

The Syllable Of The Day - 'Questions'

-----

KIERA'S POV

One Month Later...

It was the 7th of September today, the day I would never dare to forget. The day I had lost my precious Mother.

Considering I was pregnant, now eight months, I had thoughts about going since Eva had been saying that I was going to give birth, and visiting a graveyard wouldn't be such a good idea, but, I would feel guilty if I didn't, so I decided to go.

James and Blake visit before me and then I visit.

I always liked to go there alone.

Today when I walked there, few people were standing. I walked closer to my Mom's tomb. When I walked, I heard little cries.

"Grace?" I questioned and she turned towards me. She had a small smile through her tears. I let her be. Both the babies started crying. Grace was already having one in her hand.

I walked forward and picked up the other baby and cooed him down. The baby calmed down soon and fell asleep. I smiled and kept him back in the stroller. The other baby was also silent by now.

"Kiera, it's a coincidence meeting you...here," Grace said and I nodded.

"I know. I never saw you here before." I said to her and she nodded.

"It's my best friend's first anniversary. I don't have much time to visit her often." She looked at the tombstone.

"Let's do one thing, exchange numbers and I'll see you in the evening tonight?" I questioned and she nodded. We immediately exchanged numbers and a man came to her.

"Ace, you needed water. Drink up." He said and gave a bottle to Grace. She smiled and drank the water. He wiped her face with a tissue and I smiled at the couple.

"This is my friend Kiera Costa. Kiera, my husband Cruz Alex Chadwick." She said and I smiled.

"Nice to meet you, Mr.Chadwick," I said as I extended my hand to shake. He held and gave a curt nod.

"Likewise, Mrs.Costa." He said and I shook my head.

"It's still Miss," I said and he nodded, unsurely.

"Okay, other questions later. We don't want to take more of your time." She said and gave me a short hug and left.

I walked to my mother's tomb and pulled out orchids from my bag to place on her tombstone. I smiled as I gave a small caress to the stone.

I very carefully and slowly sat down. It was hard, but I somehow did it.

"Mom, I finally came to the end-stage. James must've told you I'm going to birth his daughter soon. See her from the stars. I hope she will be as pretty as you were. I miss you. I'm at a better place now. I hope to find new work soon." I said and smiled.

I sat there for sometime when I felt my leg become numb. I had leg cramps, for the past few weeks and my legs were swollen even. Oh, damn.