Chapter Thirty-Two

Syllable For The Day - 'Kiss'

-----

ALAN'S POV

I took in a deep breath as I held Kiera's unconscious body in my arms. I managed to get my phone out and call Dylan.

"Dylan? Did you leave?" I asked as I called. For a moment there was complete silence on the other side.

"Dylan?!" I questioned again and then I heard a choke.

"I'm so sorry Master Alan. I...This is the first time you asked me a question and it was very shocking to me. I was recovering. Oh well, answering you, I was about to leave." He said and I realised that it was indeed the first time.

"Uh...drop me home?" I said or asked was something even I didn't know. When I had changed, bit by bit, I was happy but now when others started to notice them, I didn't know how to feel about it.

"Oh, sure. I'll pick you up in a second. Just like last year, by the bridge?" He teased, I heard that. He laughed.

"The same place," I said and his laughter was cut short and I hung up the call. As he said, he came soon.

I helped up Kiera and sat in the back. He drove towards the house. I glanced at Kiera who was sitting properly but her head kept going left and right.

I shifted a little towards her and made her head rest on my shoulder. I felt better after that.

My thoughts wandered back to when I initiated the kiss, for whatever reason it was.

I looked at Kiera and at the same time touched my lips. They were a bit swollen, that indicated that I had indeed done it.

It was real. Very real.

A sudden wave of panic rushed through me. I was going ahead but was I ready?

I hadn't told Kiera anything about me. She did understand me and all but will she accept everything about me?

I was scared now, more than ever.

At first, I was scared not knowing if she would reciprocate my feelings or not but now, I feared that she'd hate me, after knowing my past.

I couldn't bear to see the hate in her eyes. I couldn't.

I just took in deep breaths trying to calm myself down.

"We're here." I heard Dylan's voice. I nodded and got out. I went to Kiera's side and got her out. Once out, I carried her in my arms.

I saw Dylan's eyes were wide with shock. It was nothing that I hadn't seen other people doing all the time.

Giving me shocked faces because of the changed me.

I kicked the door and one of the maids opened the door. They were a bit shocked, too. I ignored all of them since my mind wasn't in place.

"Follow," I said and Nancy came with me. She understood why I called and she opened Kiera's door. I laid her on the bed and removed her shoes.