Chapter Thirty-Five

Syllable For The Day - 'Nice'

-----

ALAN'S POV

"What more you have planned for the day?" Kiera groaned as she lazed around on the couch. Looking at her, she must really hate staying quite like that.

"A little more work?" I answered or more like questioned. She shut the iPad and kept it on the table.

"Your day is so boring! Gosh, I'll die of boredom." She commented and I chuckled.

"This boredom earns money." I retorted and she sighed. She played with the iPad cover. And she was silent for a few moments.

"That might be the only benefit." She answered thoughtfully. I nodded as she looked up at me.

"I watched two whole episodes of my K-Drama and you still can't stop working." She huffed and fell back on the couch. I smiled looking at her antics. I made one last signature on the file and shut it. 

(A/N - Comment here of the K-Dramas you're currently watching or any of your favourites.)

I saved my files and kept one file for tomorrow. This was the first time I had put my work for later. I would do it at home since tomorrow would be Saturday. 

"Come in," I said on the call to Annie. She came in really quickly. She was rather very bright since morning.

"Yes?" She chirped sounding very excited whereas Kiera looked bored. The contrast.

"Take this to the Tech Dept. Leave after." I told her and she nodded leaving the cabin. 

"Let's go," I muttered and Kiera immediately looked up, looking a little surprised. 

"What? You're done?" She questioned and I nodded. She immediately stood up and took her coat in her hand. We both walked out and towards the elevator. 

"What do you want to do?" I asked her and she gave me a sly smirk. 

"Shopping." I didn't know why but I wasn't having good vibes from this. I didn't say anything and just nodded. 

"Leaving already?" Annie asked Kiera as she exited the elevator we were to take. 

"Yes, I have to run...a few things so have to leave. I will see you later. Nice meeting you, Annie." Kiera said and gave me a look then continued at full speed pushing me in the elevator. The elevator doors closed and we got down.

"Looked like you're in a hurry," I muttered and she nodded. 

"I am because we are to go shopping and who doesn't love shopping?" She muttered sounding excited. I didn't know what to react. 

"Okay," I said and we both got down to the underground parking. 

"Why didn't we use the parking lift in the morning?" She questioned.

"Under cleaning and checks," I informed her. All the elevators were made to have everything checked once a month after the mishap that happened while Grace was pregnant.

"Oh, just a good day for it." She commented sarcastically and I chuckled. We both sat in the car and I drove towards the mall. On the way, I called out to Daniel.

"Yes, Sir?" He asked on the call. He was my personal bodyguard who accompanied me if I went out anywhere except for my regular places.

"To the mall, now," I informed him and he hung up. I was once involved in a stampede of women, falling on me. It was one of the worst possible experiences I had.