Chapter Thirty-Eight

Syllable For The Day - 'Jealous'

-----

ALAN'S POV

"I don't like bidding on my woman," I muttered feeling angry about the thought of Kiera even being in another person's arms.

"I know," Alex said and sighed. He looked at Martin and they nodded at each other.

After a few minutes, I realised what had happened. They had pre-planned! Alex bid highest on Danielle and Martin bid highest on Grace.

"That's cheating," I muttered and they both laughed. It was not allowed to change partners no matter what.

Alex and Martin were okay with exchanging partners since they all knew each other well enough.

"Nothing is fair in love and war." Martin chortled and I wanted to punch him. I was being excessive and I wasn't liking this many emotions passing through me.

And they weren't even pleasant.

"Hello, I'm Kiera coming from New York. I'm twenty-three and getting prettier." She said with a mind dazzling smile and made a small turn, showing herself off.

"We start at $1000. You can place your bids now." The announcer cheered and the crowd yelled.

"$10000." Said one of our competitor's son, Blanc Michelle. One of the playboys around.

"Higher!" Robert yelled.

"$20000." Said another of our competitor, Logan Mayors. He was married but didn't have a good reputation.

"Oh, double! Any higher?" He asked and it was a little quiet. I didn't want Kiera to be with him.

I was okay to not have any partner but I wanted Kiera to have to be with a proper person who won't have bad thoughts of her.

"$50000." Said a guy from another of our partner companies, Jihan White. He had a woman on his arm and yet wanted my Kiera.

I couldn't bear this. I walked towards Dad. He gave me questioning looks. I stood in front of him.

"Bid on her," I told him and his eyes widened. My father was the safest option. He won't think bad of his future daughter-in-law.

"$100000," I yelled and put my father's number above. I gave him his number tag and went back to my table.

"Wow! You are really worth it and a very good contribution. Going once. Going twice. Sold! Congratulations!" The announcer said and father walked further to help Kiera down the stage.

They both stood beside me.

"That was a quick stunt you pulled on me," Dad said and I shrugged.

"Necessary," I told him and he huffed. He excused himself saying that he'll be back for his million-dollar deal.

"You...you made his bid on me?" I nodded at Kiera's question.

"Why?" She questioned again blinking her eyes at me.

"I trust him. You're safe." I told her and she put her arms around my face looked up at me. I smiled looking at her cling onto me like that.

I didn't feel constricted but just felt happiness. Since I had started accepting the touch, it felt natural to go on.

"You could've pulled up someone but you pulled out your father. You stupid man! I'm going to have to dance with my future father-in-law. That's difficult!" She yelled and pouted at me.