Chapter One

Note: The story continues after the Epilogue of 'Clumsy Is My Middle Name!!!'. I hope that helps with the timeline.

It's a STANDALONE novel. But reading CIMMN could have a better understanding for Alan Chadwick, but that's it.

Also, please do read the A/N below since it is important.

Syllable For the Day - 'Bottom'

-----

KIERA'S POV

"Don't you dare enter my house ever again! You are no more my family! You can die or whatever, I don't care." My father yelled.

I looked at the now-closed door that was thrown to our face. My brother and I were outside in this extreme winter almost freezing to death.

"We just have to reach New York. Blake is waiting for us. You don't worry, I'll care for you and all your needs." James said caressing my hair. I had never seen him this serious. Tears filled my eyes.

"We'll be fine, Era." He said and I looked at him as my tears finally fell down my eyes.

"We'll be fine, J. We will be," I said as I hugged him, my only family, for life. And I promised myself that I will always bring him his happiness, no matter what.

When I thought back to that time, it hurt a lot. We were still young still thrown out of the house for all the petty reasons. 

Three long years had passed to that incident. That made us even stronger and closer than before. We were now happy and content.

James now looked happy and I'll make him happier today. I'll never let any harm come to my elder brother who protected me when we were alone.

It was a big decision I had made and I was pretty sure when I'd announce it, they'll be a lot shocked, too. Just Eva knew what I had in my mind, but I was sure she'll help.

It was a long time wish that James had and I knew I could fulfill it, so I would. I wouldn't care about anything or anyone else. I shook my thoughts and checked my watch.

It was almost midnight on 30th December. I and Eva were ready even though we felt like freezing, we were excited. I looked and signaled at her. She rang the doorbell continuously.

In a way, we wanted to get inside the warmth of the house. 

"Who the hell is that?!" I heard Blake's voice. I had thought he was smarter since he should be expecting us but look at him being the dumb guy.

"Guys!" He yelled as soon as he opened the door. He looked half-dressed with messy hair, no one needed to know what they were doing. I and Eva face-palmed ourselves. 

"Sorry, dear brother-in-law," I said flashing the cake in front of his eyes. He shook his head but let us in. Blake took the cake in his hands, as I and Eva removed our coats and welcomed the warmth in the house.

I saw James behind him still putting some clothes on. I nodded at Eva. She immediately pulled the pop and my dear brother was finally awake. He was surprised to say so. 

"Happy Anniversary, James and Blake!" We both yelled. I pointed at the cake on the table in the living room and rush to get a knife.

I saw Eva had set our camera on spot to cover the entire occasion. I smiled at her and she gave me thumbs up.

"Come on, guys. I disturb you like this only three times in a year, don't be such fusses!" I yelled at my brother's annoyed face. 

"And those three are for us to celebrate!" James yelled and I gave him a glare. Maybe those three times were their birthdays and this one occasion where I had lost my brother to Blake.