LXV. SIXTY-FIVE

❛ Behind every exquisite thing that existed, there was something tragic

Behind every exquisite
thing that existed, there
was something tragic.

      The three of us switched around partners, gaining more evidence and building more experience

   The three of us switched around partners, gaining more evidence and building more experience. I'm sure I'm able to finally move all the bricks. I dragged my legs over to a wall, leaning next to a trash can as Shuichi struck up another conversation. I put my arm on the trashcan as extra support as we both came crashing down.

"Y-Y/N! Are you okay?!" He rushed towards me. He kneeled down and pulled me up into a sitting position. The top of the trashcan had now flown off, a small ball came rolling out...

Shuichi's face paled. "W-What is... this...?"

"Is that a shot put ball?"

"Yeah... but why is this here?!"

This shot put has no bloodstains... it's different from the one Kaede originally used to kill Rantaro. 'Good job Y/N.'

"What if... she never killed him? Why is it here? Ah, is this..." the detective paused mid sentence noticing something was stuck to the ball. "...Looks like some threads?"

I took a closer look, there are many pink threads on this ball. "Reminds me of Kaede...

SHOT PUT WITH PINK THREADS WAS ADDED TO EVIDENCE.

Shuichi grabbed my hand, finally pulling me up from the carpeted floor. My legs ached the further we pushed down the hallway. Muffled voices suddenly became much clearer, "W-Where is he?! Where is the mastermind?!"

"Please answer, Mother Monokuma! Where is the mastermind hiding?!"

"...Why are you using polite language?!" Tsumugi cried at Himiko and Tenko.

"That is not a pretty sight--" I shivered at the half built robot, in the room were all the other students.

"Tell us you damn junk of metal!" Tenko cried.

"Huuuh, I'm not going to tell you something so important. That wouldn't make the killing game exciting." The bear crackled.

"Well, this is the mastermind's room, isn't it? It's obviously something a Remnant of Despair would want." Tsumugi pointed at the bear grinning. 'At this point you're just giving yourself away...'

"Oh, you found out? Well, it's just like that." 'ha, even the bear is saying this...' "The person you're looking for does visit this room frequently."

Rantaro asked quickly,"Recently too?"

"Yes-- But you won't find them. They're not an idiot who would be found by you guys."

"So, the mastermind isn't here?" Ryoma sighed.

"Looks like Saihara-kun's noticed. My hint."

Shuichi looked startled as the bear suddenly picked on him, "Why do you... have to give me a hint? Are you fine with us finding the truth?"

"Even if that were to happen... It would be fine to make this killing game more exciting!"

"Would that just... end the killing game?" Gonta asked.

"...Huh? End the killing game? Ahh, how many times do I have to keep telling you? The killing game is forever invincible!"

"God someone shut this bear up.." Kokichi rubbed his head.

"No matter what you guys do, you can't end this killing game. This killing game is a symbol of despair! We won't let something so fun end!"

"...What do you mean?"

"Who's we?" I asked.

"Hmm, there's no need to think about a meaning. Whether or not there's a meaning, that's the truth. Upupu... as long as it's the truth, you have to accept it."

CLUE TO THE MASTERMIND WAS ADDED TO EVIDENCE.

The room fell into silence. Everyone's gears shifted in their minds, the bear continued with its rant before we all exited the room. Anxiety started to steep into my body, my hands softly shook as the fears of the final trial slowly overwhelmed me.

The group once again split up, I was hanging out with Gonta as we checked some of the top floor classrooms. Before the two of us could open another door, we heard an announcement over the intercom.

"Please make your way to the trial ground site, we will be having our final class trial. Hurry quickly or I will blow you all up to smithereens."

"A-A-Another class trial?!" Gontas' hair flew up with fear. "Friends dead?"

Before I could explain to the giant how nothing was going to happen nor wrong, he tucked me under his arms roughly.

'Aw shit, here we go again.'

⊱ ────── {.⋅ ♫ ⋅.} ───── ⊰

Imagine having a supportive sister who reads your books😩😩 couldn't be you kiripikaa