V. FIVE

❛ The stronger the light, the darker the shadow

The stronger the light,
the darker the shadow.

    "That's more like it!" Monophanie grinned "Now you guys look more like ultimates!"

    "Ultimates...? Really?" Shuichi asked.

    "Next up, the memory youse all been waiting for!" Monosuke grinned, Monokid grinned and flashed a bright light at us.

    Normally, in the game, random words would've crawled up shuichi or kaedes legs and they would automatically remember something... but I just opened my eyes to darkness again..

    'I guess I don't need the introduction...' I grumbled. I heard a locker door open next to me. It must've been Kaede finally noticing everything. She fell on the floor once again. I opened the door softly but my leg gave out below me. I landed on top of her.

    "Oh geez! I'm so sorry!" I rubbed my head as Kaede apologized to me, "I didnt mean to stand in front of your locker!"

    "Kaede?" I asked. 'Oh shit I did it again—.' Kaedes face twisted with curiosity. Everything appears to be the same huh? This is going to be annoying...

    "How do you know my name?"

    "Oh..I-is that your name? I heard you mumble it when I was in the locker.." 'Acting skills here we go again...'

    "Oh, I'm sorry! Wait, where are we? What is this place." She turns to me.

    "Ah..I don't know exactly."

    "Maybe this is a dream! We should punch ourselves."

    "Please don—OW!" I rubbed my arm from where Kaede quickly attacked me. 'Couldn't stop her from pinching me again.'

    "Ggh! I'm sorry!" She apologized. She offered to pinch herself but this time I let her. "Ouch! Umm...okay, hold on a second! Let's just stay calm and think this through!"

    BAM!

    "KYAA!" We screamed and latched onto each other. I hugged the taller girl as she hugged my neck. 'Got scared again, good job Y/N.'