XXIX. TWENTY-NINE

"You are but one individual plankton drifting through a vast ocean

plankton drifting through a vast
ocean...try as you might, you're
naught but the tiniest, most inconsequential of existences."

   "Hey, Korekiyo!" I waved to the serial killer

   He turned around startled but relaxed as he saw it was just the two of us. "L/N.. Amami, what brings the two of you here?"

   "We were just wondering if we could chat and help you look around for the flashback light." Rantaro explained..

    "Wouldn't you two rather work by yourself?"

    "Come on, Korkiyo!" Rantaro flashed him a smile. "It's not the first time the three of us hung out together!"

    "I suppose so, ahh, humanity." Korekiyo hummed.

    "What about it?" I asked.

    "Every part of every human being--even their ugly sides--is beautiful. There is no limit to beauty!" He hummed. The Ultimate Anthropologist softly gripped onto my hands and swayed with them before pulling them to his chest. "Kaede... She, too, had her own exceptional beauty. A crime that was bold, yet calculated.... A battle against the truth. Brutally killing others for our safety. Unfeelingly sacrificing the few for many. Her attachment to life and determination to live!"

    "Yeah... he's lost it." Rantaro mumbled.

   "Her attempt to escape was so very ugly! It was pathetic! Pitiful! Wretched!" He continued. "But it was beautiful! I had never before seen such beauty in a human being before! Kehe.. kehehehe..."

    I was already regretting my decision to hang out with him. "Uh, huh...How about you show us around your ultimate lab?"

    "My lab? You would like to see the beauty and secrets of my sacred space?" He asked.

     My goal was to keep the Ultimate Anthropologist distracted and away from murdering people for his sister.... Hopefully he didn't think I was his next worthy sacrifice.

    "Lead the way, i'm interested." I gassed the long hair man up. I bent over to open up my bag and pulled out my notebook and a pen.

    "Im seeing it for the first time as well with you all." He confessed, his slim fingers slowly closed themselves around the handle. "What, I wonder, is beyond here? Perhaps someone awaits us."

    "I hope it's just going to be the three of us..." Rantaro sweat with a crooked smile.

     "Kehe... Merely a jest. Yes, this world is full of jests." He laughed. His hands pushed open the door and we were hit almost immediately with a frightening atmosphere. I swore i felt something crawl up my back just then...

     "It's too hard to see in here." I complained as we walked inside. Sunlight poured in from the cracked door, making somewhat a path for us. Other then the light coming from the door, we were completely surrounded by darkness.

     "I think there's a lightswitch somewhere around here." Rantaro mumbled. I jumped a bit when he spoke, I didn't expect him to be directly behind me.

     "Well, turn it on. Its kinda creepy in here." Rantaros warmth left my body as he probably went around to turn on the lights. He should know where it is, he's been studying the map of the school longer than anyone else.

    Soon, bright lights lit up the room, blinding us temporarily. The room glowed with a kind of autumn vibe. It looked much better with the lights on then off. Ignoring the few unsteady floorboards, the room was absolutely beautiful. It looked just like it was in the game.

────── {.⋅ ⋅.} ─────
YALLLLLLLL, ILY ALL SMMMMM
dude 6k??????? This is amazing and you guys are a lillll too powerful 🥲🥲

But I'm really thankful for all of your support!